Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit www.ashurst.com
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced administration/executive assistant to join our Brisbane office on a 9 month Fixed Term Contract basis.
This Practice Executive role will be supporting the Employment team to provide a high level of administration and secretarial support to three of our Partners.
As the Practice Executive you'll be responsible for; monitoring and managing inboxes for Partners including filing emails, preparing monthly bills and reconciling expenses, travel management and extensive diary management. As this is a varied EA role you will also hold responsibilities around events, marketing & BD for the individual practice.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- High degree of initiative, pro-activity and problem solving skills, with a willingness to take ownership for the completion of tasks/projects and deliver innovative solutions to improve systems or work practices.
- Commercial acumen, with the ability to understand the commercial drivers of a legal practice, interpret data and apply client knowledge when supporting partners with practice management.
- A client focused approach including the ability to grow a network of professional relationships with counterparts in client organisations as well as with internal stakeholders and colleagues around the firm.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong written communication skills and keen attention to detail, with the ability to draft correspondence, presentations, pitch documents and slide packs quickly and accurately.
- Resilience, with the ability to thrive in the context of continuous change and effectively work with challenging clients or stakeholders.
- Strong influencing skills, with the ability to respectfully manage upwards with stakeholders.
- Effective delegation skills including taking responsibility for providing timely feedback in a constructive way if work deliverables are not in line with expectations.
- Positive role model of the firm's Values.
At Ashurst, you'll have the opportunity to work in an environment that encourages learning and excellence with a highly professional global team. You will also have a range of social, sporting and health benefits available to you.