|Job Type:||Full Time|
Closing Date28 Feb 2020 11:59pm
Job TitleCore Network Engineer – EPC, Policy, Diameter & Cloud Expert
In an industry that’s constantly changing, Telstra is at the forefront of technology innovation with one of the most advanced networks in the world. Our tech teams have the exciting responsibility of radically simplifying and digitising our core business: our network. And, with our network continuing to lead the industry, we’re also focused on developing scalable and innovative products to empower our customers to thrive.
Our Core Engineering team drive innovation, agility and growth. We design your strategy so you can disrupt, rather than be disrupted and work with a number of teams to ensure our customers have the right technology to support their strategy and customers.
The primary Objective of the role is analysis, design, development, and deployment in Wireless Packet Core domain, including developing platform specific technology roadmaps and making technology investment recommendations. A key outcome will be leading the onboarding, configuration, integration and testing of Wireless Packet Core, Network Policy, and Diameter signalling Applications onto the Cloud platforms. This will be done having due regard for how this technology inter-works with other technologies, to deliver products and infrastructure to defined service level standards.
The role also provides leadership and direction for investment in the Converged Core networks to ensure Telstra maintains its position as market leader as the Core Network evolves to a Cloud native converged 5G Core.
Your key responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
- Provide thought leadership into Telstra through experience implementing Network Policy and Wireless Packet Core functions onto Cloud platforms and to be known in Telstra as a trusted industry expert within the Wireless Core Domain with Network Virtualisation experience and knowledge.
- Design and implement Telco technologies for Mobile Networks (3G, 4G, LTE, 5G).
- Lead the design and engineering for the following emerging technologies:
- SAPC/PCRF network applications
- DSC, DEA network applications.
- Network Virtualisation of the Evolved Packet Core
- Mobile packet core solutions including evolution to Cloud native Converged 5G Core
- Internet of Things (Machine to Machine), Container as a service (CaaS), Mobile Edge and Service Orchestration.
- E2E subscriber provisioning and service orchestration.
- Design, build, install, integrate and maintain multiple complex network technologies, platforms and/or systems and their interaction with processes and systems to deliver products and services to customers.
- Translate customer (internal, external or regulatory) needs and requirements, using technical principles into realisable products, services, or systems and/or networks infrastructure in a timely, quality and cost-effective way to ensure operational success.
- Assess capability of vendor solutions and offerings to meet business requirements and manage vendor technology delivery.
- Make technology investment and business asset decisions and assessments based on extensive knowledge of new and emerging technologies.
- Develop platform specific technology roadmaps that leverage opportunities from evolving and future technologies
- Lead in the technical project/program management, design, implementation, testing of onboarding PCRF/SAPC applications that support the Network Slicing design and ensure we have the most resilient network possible.
- Lead in the development and implementation plan of migrating traffic to new VNF/CNF instances in line with the capacity and redundancy requirements designed for each network slice.
- Conceptualise and realise all aspects of design, development and deployment of technology trials and Proof of Concepts (PoCs)
- Work with strategic partners and existing Networks and IT teams to support the transition of on boarding design capabilities and skills internally.
- Contribute to ongoing ePC/5GC automation activities including VNF/CNF lifecycle management workflow development
- Transition technologies from trials and PoCs into the mainstream networks or for specialised deployments.
- Identify and promote best practice in Knowledge Management and Innovation.
- Ensure that co-workers are treated respectfully and without any form of discrimination, harassment or victimisation.
- Mentor, train and assist in the professional development of all members of the Core Engineering team
To be successful in the role, you'll need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a technical discipline with demonstrated extensive experience in a technical environment
- Minimum 7-10 years demonstrated experience in a technical environment analysing, designing, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining complex solutions typically associated with Wireless Services and Networks.
- Expertise in EPC, Policy, Diameter and Cloud.
- Experience in roadmap creation
- A comprehensive understanding of Telstra processes
- Experience working with APIs
- CCNA Certification
Due to our size and scale, your work will have high visibility – and impact the lives of millions.
If you're excited about the opportunity to be part of a team, committed to delivering amazing experiences for our customers – this could be the role for you!
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit our Telstra Careers Website: tel.st/allrolesflex