|Job Type:||Full Time|
Allocation Forecast Analyst (12-Month Contract)
About the Role
In this role you will ensure sales forecasts accurately predict the purchasing behaviours of customers for seasonal / Non replenished products.
Proactively plan for Seasonal / Non replenished products to ensure that all business requirements are accounted for, forecasting methodologies are expertly applied and are accurately entered through Woolworths systems.
You will be responsible for effectively engaging with a variety of business stakeholders to ensure that inputs into the allocation forecasting process are of a high standard, interventions are minimised and that correct business decisions can be made relating to the accuracy of sales predictions.
This role is crucial in influencing sales and operational outcomes for Australian Supermarkets as well as our liquor divisions in BWS and Dan Murphy’s.
- Determine forecast methodologies to accurately predict weekly company sales for all event products and adhoc products for stores in BWS,Metro, Dan Murphy’s and Supermarkets within a portfolio
- Gather, extract and manipulate required information to form a fact base for the assessment and modelling of forecast decisions, providing the business with opportunities to make quality decisions.
- Develop repeatable forecast methodologies and strategies to respond to changes impacting customer sales behaviour. Deploy strategies, monitor and continuously improve where required.
- Monitor and adjust parameters to ensure that forecasting systems reflect the intended forecast at all times for non standard articles.
- Execute intended forecast changes through Woolworths forecasting systems.
- Communicate impacts to forecast confidence due to limited or unknown information or where bias may be impacted.
- Enable stakeholders in developing inventory and commercial strategies to mitigate and resolve impacts of inaccurate forecasts.
- Assess opportunities to improve forecasts and communicate to key stakeholders including senior management.
- Communicate effectiveness of forecast methodologies and forecast performance through routine performance evaluations and post event reviews.
- Drive effective communication with stakeholders
To be successful in this role:
- Strong statistical background with emphasis on time series analysis, forecasting or other predictive analysis techniques.
- Ability to extract and transform data from information management systems to data driven insights.
- Knowledge of forecasting methodologies with an ability to assess, apply and monitor effectiveness with a focus on adding insight/value to complex system forecasts.
- Strong technical capability to manage forecasting tools and improve forecasting performance. Excel, SQL, Forecast System Knowledge, Data Modeling
- Ability to prepare/derive insight from information to support decision making and delivery of solutions to achieve business outcomes
- Strong relationship building skills with facilitation, influential and negotiation skills.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.