- Lead the delivery of sourcing activities for multiple operating sites
- Operational and Maintenance contracts focus
- Brisbane based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
Origin is the largest energy retailer in Australia, and with 4.3 million customer accounts we’re constantly evolving and changing to better suit their needs. Our activities include power generation, energy trading, the sale of LPG, electricity, natural gas and solar as well as the development of new and emerging technologies. Consider your possibilities with Australia’s leading integrated energy company.
The purpose of this position is to deliver operational sourcing activities for multiple asset locations, acting as a procurement partner to achieve optimal cost outcomes and minimise supply risk in compliance with Origin requirements.
The role requires an individual who can form and maintain influential relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and works proactively to identify required procurement and contracting activities and problem solve to achieve objectives.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading the delivery of sourcing activities in accordance with annual sourcing plans or business requirements and provide accurate information in nominated workflow or management system which identifies the process, timing and deliverables required with the BUs or Asset.
- Confirming the operational elements of the sourcing activity or contract and make contact with other subject matter experts in Origin as required to clarify and assist with endorsement of risk treatments.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key business stakeholders to deliver tactical activity planning which provides relevant and timely sourcing activities.
- Leading end to end process for assigned sourcing activities, including providing accurate status reporting.
- Providing direction on Origin core processes including Origin Energy governance risk mitigation and quality requirements.
- Adjusting priorities to self-manage activities required based on the Business Units or Assets requirements, including changing to meet business needs as required.
- Alignment with Origin’s Purpose and demonstrating behaviours in delivery which drive Origin values.
- Participating in use and application of management and performance tools within Origin Procurement and Business Unit or Asset teams to drive clear alignment between tactical work activity and strategic goals/ KPIs.
- Working autonomous and consistently to deliver sourcing activities resolving and problem solving within area of accountability.
IS THIS YOU?
You’ll need to be commercially savvy, have high attention to detail and the ability to focus on robust processes and controls to manage customer contracts. You must also hold qualifications in commerce, economics, accounting, law, engineering, business or a similar relevant discipline. Ideally you will also have MCIPS qualifications.
Through the work you’ve done you can show skill and experience in:
- You will be commercial and performance focused with strong procurement sourcing experience.
- Ideally you will have experience with resource sector operating assets.
- Previously worked within Resource sector, Oil & Gas or a similar industry.
- Have the ability to build and maintain stakeholder relationships.
- Experience with Oracle or SAP ERP systems.
- Ability to occasionally travel interstate or to site.
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Finance team plays a key role in keeping the business on track to deliver smarter, cleaner, more affordable energy to Australian homes and businesses. As part of a fast-paced, dynamic industry, we work hard to crunch the numbers to drive our continuous improvement for our customers.
We’re looking for great analytical minds that are excited by the challenge of solving big energy challenges.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy.
For more information contact: Iain Pratt - 03 8665 7325, quote Requisition ID: 75093
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.originenergy.com.au/about/careers