|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Maximum term contract role, with potential to extend
- Suits an experienced Data/Customer Insights professional with a passion for the banking or financial services sector
About the Role
The Customer and Portfolio Insights teams primary focus is to use data driven insights to improve how the bank makes decisions and creates value.
In this role you will inform and facilitate the decision making processes, including pricing decisions, product development, marketing initiative development and risk decision management, by delivering insights to key executive and management personnel and key decision making boards and committees.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Run small projects and initiatives to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of business decisions. Prepare learnings and outcomes via The preparation of presentations and papers for key decision making personnel including PPC and EXCO.
- Work collaboratively with the product team to improve their understanding of underlying and changing Portfolio and Customer behaviours.
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team to inform and develop and analyse campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with the pricing and distribution teams to improve Customer acquisition and retention strategies.
- develop appropriate governance tools to model, monitor and interpret key drivers of performance and regulatory benchmarks.
- Build and evaluate complex models using bank and Customer data to provide strategic input and insight into business challenges.
- Work as a Group function, collaborate across teams, divisions and business lines to facilitate appropriate outcomes.
- Have an agile mindset and continuously test and learn ways to improve work.
This role relies on the use of a number of tools including SQL, SAS, TM1 and PowerBI to extract, transform and analyse Customer and Portfolio level data and information. This requires a solid understanding of data quality and data management and manipulation.
To be considered for this role, you should have the following skills & experience:
- 3 years’ experience in customer, product, marketing or financial analytics
- Outstanding communication skills; experience in preparing presentations and papers for management and key executive committees
- Excellent creative and problem solving skills
- Excellent visualisation skills with experience in building and implementing data visualisation using PowerBI
- Experience with SAS & SQL (extraction and transformation)
- Comfortable dealing with complex and large volumes of data
- Experience with running small / intermediate projects
- Excellent stakeholder management and collaboration
- Preferred degree in business / analytics / economics / statistics / mathematics / accounting
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.