|Job Type:||Full Time|
There's never been a better time to be at AGL
It's an extraordinary time for the energy sector. A time of complex challenges and unprecedented opportunities.
At AGL we have the scale, resources and ambition to take the lead and make real the possibilities the future holds. We're renewing and expanding our portfolio of sources and products to make them more sustainable, reliable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That's what we call progress. To achieve it, we're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too.
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and help bring progress to life.
About the Role
Due to a recent promotion, AGL have an exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant to support AGL's General Manager, Health, Safety & Environment and the HSE Leadership Team based in our Melbourne office.
This role is responsible for providing a range of support services to the General Manager, Health, Safety & Environment that facilitate effective planning, execution of business strategy, executive leadership and management duties.
The Executive Assistant ensures a smooth, reliable and efficient environment for a wide range of day-to-day, specific and more general administration functions including but not limited to planning, organising and maintaining daily activities and tasks.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Managing Outlook by reviewing all items and meeting requests in a timely manner and actioning, delegating, marking for follow up, filing or drawing attention to urgent/business critical items
- Maintaining the diary appointments for the General Manager, Health, Safety & Environment; ensuring all meetings and appointments are clearly scheduled, including prioritising meetings and commitments appropriately for time management, and coordinating diaries across the team and wider AGL
- Dealing promptly and comprehensively with all inquiries and correspondence, prioritising where necessary, referring them as appropriate and personally dealing with them where this is possible; effectively address key strategic and operational issues
- Liaising with the Executive Assistants to the Executive General Manager, People & Culture and the Executive General Manager, Group Operations to prioritise emerging issues and matters arising as required
- Preparing and reviewing skeleton reports, memos, emails and letters on behalf of the General Manager, Health, Safety & Environment, as required (and to a high level of accuracy & detail)
- Arranging all aspects of travel for the HSE team, including flights, accommodation and meeting venues; at the most cost-effective option and monthly credit card reconciliation
- Maintaining confidentiality with respect to management and preparation of sensitive communications in 100% of situations and circumstances
To be successful, you'll have
- Tertiary secretarial, administrative or management qualifications highly regarded with demonstrated experience at senior assistant level in a similar or related role
- Superior level of Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential)
- Experience with general business management and understanding of business drivers
- High level of awareness with handling queries (including time frames) by considering AGL's wider business priorities
- Ability to be comfortable with learning new programs and systems
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL operates a diverse generation portfolio supplying energy to 3.7 million customer accounts. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, employees, the Australian economy and our planet.
Our goal is to make energy simple, fair and transparent and we're continuing to innovate to enhance the lives of Australians now and into the future. It's an extraordinary time for the energy sector and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges.
We're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and together we'll bring progress to life.
At AGL all employees are encouraged to be themselves and to bring their whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTI+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. AGL has a commitment to maintain a diverse workforce, so welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences but recognises that some applicants may not wish to disclose, so that option is supported.
Click the "Apply" button to submit your application.