|Job Type:||Full Time|
Holcim has been servicing the infrastructure, construction and mining industries for more than 110 years and employs over 3,000 staff across 300 sites.
Part of the world's largest construction materials company, LafargeHolcim, Holcim is leading supplier of concrete, aggregates and precast products.
Humes is Australia's leading provider of engineered concrete solutions and prides itself on delivering customised solutions to maximise performance for our clients
Holcim is proud to be an industry leader in safety and environmental sustainability and is committed to being a good member of the communities we live and work
Further to this, on offer there is:
- Generous salary package
- Culture focused on the recognition of effort and reward for achievement
- Real leadership opportunity to drive a key business unit through full P&L ownership
- Chance to influence the wider organisation across policy, process and safety
About the role
Based in Tamworth, you will be responsible for overseeing the running of our precast concrete plant in Tamworth. The position has full P&L responsibility for the NNSW precast products business.
The Area Manager's responsibilities will include accountability for the day-to-day operations of the site, and responsibility for the overall direction and profitability of the business; maintaining a strong customer focus, seeking new opportunities for ensuring the growth of the business. The role requires strong leadership in areas including Safety, Products Manufacturing, Industrial Relations, Environment, and Quality Assurance.
You will be a full member of the Humes Executive Leadership Team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe system of work ensuring standards, guidelines, systems, measures, goals are applied
- Demonstrate effective leadership to ensure a highly motivated team including recruitment, development, appraisals and succession planning
- Achieve budgets including revenue, cost, market share and profit
- Maintain company plants and assets to be reliable and effectively utilised
Having a strong operations and / or commercial background, you will ideally come from a similar regional level position or have a proven project management background.
While previous experience in the precast concrete or building materials sector would be an advantage, what is more important is an understanding of the wider construction industry and how to deliver results to customers.
Skills and experience:
- Qualifications in Engineering or Business Management or equivalent experience
- A record of positive leadership across safety, operations and management
- Strong commercial acumen with a focus on delivering financial results
- Adaptable to changing working environments and be able to make decisions under pressure.
- A commitment to providing customer service excellence
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
For more information visit our Careers site: http://www.holcim.com.au/careers.html