|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Lead Software Engineer you will at time function in one of our Scrum teams and also work in a crosscutting role driving advancement in our engineering practices. You will lead by example and coach others to develop and automate the testing of robust, adaptable code that is always production- ready. Through collaboration with other developers your work will improve the digital banking experience for our customers and our staff.
As a leader in the software engineering community you will play a key role in the continual advancement of our engineering practices through practices such as Agile and Continuous Delivery but you will also remain highly aware of industry trends and bring the best of the global engineering practices to ING.
What are you going to do?
- Building full stack solutions including DB, services and user interface
- Designing reusable services following Service Oriented Design principles
- Engineering solutions which are highly secure and performant at scale
- Writing code that is easy to read, highly maintainable, and written with automated testing in mind
- Regularly coaching and mentoring other engineers and team members to increase their capability and in turn the capability of the scrum teams and organisation
- Setting the standard for effective documentation and communication of knowledge, system and process
- Championing effective adoption of continuous delivery methodology, practice and attitudes / mindsets as well as continuous improvement
- Leading in the adoption of Agile / Scrum practice, methodologies and attitudes. Role model Agile leadership behaviours
What are we looking for? Someone who has…
- At least 5 years in Java, experience with SpringBoot, Kafka and Docker is a huge plus
- Strong experience working within Agile large organisations
- Demonstrated experience and proficient understanding of tools across full software delivery lifecycle, e.g. IDE, source control, CI, test, mocking, work tracking, defect management, Continuous Delivery / DevOps at scale etc
- Proven ability to operate and provide technical leadership in significant ambiguity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills as well as influencing and negotiation skills
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile - for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you're joining a team where individuality isn't just accepted, it's encouraged. We've built a culture that's fun, friendly and supportive - it's the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We're here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there's plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you've never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply - likewise if you're living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you'd feel at home? We'd love to hear from you.
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please.)