|Job Type:||Full Time|
Posted date: 12-Feb-2020
Location: Carrapateena Mine, SA, AU, 5713
Join Australia's most exciting new underground mining project. Carrapateena will be a large-scale world class mine built and operated by world class people. We are building a modern mine site in South Australia and getting operationally ready for seamless commissioning. This role is now available and we need your help.
At OZ Minerals Carrapateena, we value your ideas and encourage you to champion innovation and collaboration. We are a mid-tier mining company so you will not get lost in the crowd or tangled in bureaucracy. Rather, we unlock your value and offer opportunities that supercharge your career.
Location: Site based at Carrapateena
Roster: 4/3 travel 100% on company time from Adelaide or Port Augusta
Reporting to: Manager - Commercial & ICT
Pay & Benefits: We offer competitive Australian mining industry pay and benefits. We can talk about specifics later.
The Finance Superintendent will oversee the management accounting function at Carrapateena, ensuring timely and accurate financial information is provided to department managers to make effective management decisions. The incumbent will be required to continue to improve and evolve onsite reporting processes and implement effective cost control solutions/practices to optimise margin. The Finance Superintendent will be accountable for timely and accurate administration of the site budget and forecast planning cycle).
- Oversight of month end close activities and provision of accurate and timely financial submissions
- Preparation of monthly internal reporting, ensuring it is accurate and completed on time (department cost reports and site reports)
- Regular liaison with business units to ensure full understanding of business performance and financial results
- Identify improvements in budgeting performance using data and benchmark information regarding performance of key value drivers
- Analysis of costs for capital projects to obtain whether tracking on budget, timely identification of risk of overruns, transparency in reporting to drive value for Project Owners
- Provide the business with relevant financial support to enable effective planning while applying moderate budgeting and forecasting techniques
- Ensure that employees have all the information they require to perform their role safely and efficiently and that adequate communication processes exist within the team.
- Bachelor’s in accounting/finance or equivalent
- CA/CPA qualified
- Previous experience with SAP
- Minimum five years’ experience working in a similar analytical role
- Strategic thinking; demonstrated ability to establish short- and long-term plans in line with business objectives
- Analytical mindset with high-level problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated effective reporting and communication skills
- Leadership skills with the ability to build strong teams focusing on outcomes and quality.
We are an Australian-based modern mining company with a focus on copper. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100). We own the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine, are currently operationally ramping up the newly constructed ~A$1b Carrapateena copper-gold operation and progressing the West Musgrave project (Australia’s largest undeveloped copper-nickel resource). We have operating and exploration holdings in Brazil; as well as a significant pipeline of project opportunities with exploration earn-ins and projects under study.
Carrapateena is an iron-oxide copper-gold deposit located in South Australia on the eastern margin of the Gawler Craton. Carrapateena is one of the country's largest undeveloped copper deposits and will be developed as a modern Sub Level Cave.
By 2023 we will be a global, copper-core, Modern Mining Company, delivering superior value with multiple operating assets underpinned by a diverse exploration and project pipeline.
Our growth strategy is focused on value creation and we achieve success by creating value for all stakeholders, underpinned by safety, capital discipline and our How we work together principles – our foundations for success.
If you satisfy all the applicant requirements and think you can make a difference, please apply below.
Applications close 2 weeks from open date.