|Job Type:||Full Time|
Boral Australia has a current vacancy to join our diverse and dynamic Property Group as a Property Manager. Reporting to the Property Portfolio Asset Manager and based in either Port Melbourne, VIC or North Ryde, NSW, the role of Property Manager (Southern Region covering VIC/SA/TAS) is to provide Boral business units with professional, informed and responsive advice/assistance on all aspects of real estate.
In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of property management including managing and controlling tenure negotiations to facilitate the implementation of business strategy and Boral’s right to occupy and use of land.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Professional management of Boral’s property portfolio through a thorough understanding and disciplined use of property systems and processes
- Manage all Boral’s property cost expenditure including rent and royalty reviews, land values, land tax and rating categories
- Assist in the acquisition, divestment, negotiation, and documentation of freehold and leasehold interests
- Manage property legislation including all required inspections and compliance with safety legislation
- Maintain financial and administrative control over property management activities on all Boral properties within the Region
- Liaise with statutory authorities and groups to ensure compliance with authority guidelines and legislative requirements relating to Property
- Work with and assist the National Project Director (Southern Region & Delivery) and other relevant BPG managers
- Ensure a safe working environment for staff, contractors and visitors by maintaining a sound knowledge and adoption of EH&S practice and principles
As an experienced corporate property management professional, you will come with strong integrity, be a highly collaborative team player and possess the following qualifications, experience, and attributes:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Knowledge of property management and experience in different property sectors eg Commercial, industrial, office, land
- Proven ability to liaise with a range of business and Government bodies and key stakeholders
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with all people
- Able to cope with competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong organisational & communication skills
- Flexible, creative and persistent
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with three strong divisions: the high-performing, well-positioned materials business of Boral Australia; the fast-growing, 50%-owned USG Boral interior linings joint venture in Asia, Australia and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a scaled and growing building products and fly ash business. With its headquarters in Sydney, Australia, Boral had approximately 16,500 full-time equivalent employees (including in JVs) working across over 700 operating sites in 17 countries as at 30 June 2017.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.