|Job Type:||Full Time|
- On-site free gym
- Flexible working options
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about.
TAL needs people who represent our diverse Australian community. People who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community. People who are passionate about making the most of the choices and options we provide. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart.
About the Opportunity
The Solution Architect is responsible for the end-to-end architecture of the solution supporting the stream’s integration activities.You will ideally have knowledge of core life insurance platforms and certainly experience in the end-end architecture of large programs in the financial services domain. Expertise required includes 5+ years of demonstrated experience in solution architecture roles and ideally demonstrated expertise and knowledge of technology integration or separation programs related to Merger & Acquisition deals.
To be successful in this role you will have:
You will possess broad technical design skills and excellent communication skills, with the ability to work with both business and delivery project team members and stakeholders. You will be a good organiser that can bring a structured way of working to the solution process, and a good listener.You will be outcome driven with high integrity in dealing with promised deadlines and demonstrate strong problem solving skills with a bias towards action.
You will be a hands on architect, perhaps with a background in delivery that can both form and communicate solution designs, and work with delivery teams to see through its execution.
As well as the following:
- Diploma or degree in IT related discipline
- Business domain knowledge – financial services and/or general insurance industry experience.
- Technology domain knowledge – Broad experience across modern technology domains such as Digital, Integration & Data.
- Broad experience in Architectural roles, domain or solution-based.
- Familiarity with agile software development lifecycles
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with notable confidence and presence in addressing senior management and stakeholders.
- Excellent facilitation and collaboration skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships with both business and technology partners
- Ability to sell technology concepts to business people with a focus on business value and benefit
- Demonstrable experience in producing End to End Solution Design encompassing functional, applications, data, integration and large, transactional, enterprise class systems
- Strong problem solving aptitude coupled with a can-do attitude
- Excellent organisational and documentation skills
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We want our employees to work in ways that suits their life and the nature of their role, so they feel able to meet their work life commitments and support their wellbeing. Everyone’s welcome to work for us – regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with.
We know it’s the people we work with and experiences we share that make work meaningful and fulfilling, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
You don’t have to be an artist, adventurer, doer or dreamer, but it really helps.
If you would like to apply or refer a friend please click on the relevant button below and follow the instructions.