|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your path to many possible futures
- An opportunity to make a visible difference to a ~A$60b business, developing and executing the most critical strategic initiatives within divisions and across the portfolio
- Join an experienced team with strong mentorship and development
- We encourage any suitably skilled international candidates to also apply with visa and relocation assistance available
In this role you will support the strategic agenda and thought leadership of the Buying team within Supermarkets. This is a critical and highly visible role in the organisation with many of the most significant strategic initiatives of the Supermarkets business being developed and executed by the Buying team. The role will have a seat on the leadership team of Buying and will dual report into the Buying Director and also the GM of Supermarkets strategy. Ultimately this role will be responsible for delivering some of Woolworths biggest transformation programs.
- Develop and deliver on a portfolio of the Buying team top strategic programs of work (usually 3-4 large-scale programs at one time) - from diagnostic and scoping through to execution and delivery
- Support the buying directors in the definition of their strategic plan, drive the team’s agenda across the organisation and provide thought leadership to the Buying leadership team
- Support the GM of Supermarkets Strategy with the leadership and direction of the supermarkets strategy team. Including leading & developing a team of high performing strategy members (ex top tier consultants and experienced strategists)
- Executive level communication and engagement, including preparation of strategy updates to the Executive Committee and the Woolworths Board
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who has an exceptional ability to influence as well as establish and maintain strong relationships with our senior leadership team. You will be comfortable leading a team in pressured situations, drawing on your structured and rigorous approach. You are driven and dynamic with a results orientation, positive work ethic and customer first mindset.
- Deep experience and knowledge of strategic problem solving and frameworks, delivering large-scale projects and change management
- Minimum 7 years experience in a top tier strategy consultancy or similar experience in a corporate strategy environment. Retail / consumer market experience is required
- Outstanding academic record and social achievements; top tier MBA preferred
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.