|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Buyer in our Produce Team!
At Woolworths, spreading the joy of food to our customers is the reason we do what we do. We live it, we breathe it.
Woolworths offers real opportunities for career development, for those with a passion for putting a smile on a customer’s face.
So if you’re someone who leads by example and strives to be better every day, then we would love to hear from you.
About The Role
The role of Buyer is to procure sufficient levels of high quality produce to meet customer demand at competitive pricing.
You will also support the buying team to deliver a range that is better for customers, simple to execute and enhances the customer perception of our value, quality & range. By doing so delivering to target, sales, profit, market share & voice of customer objectives.
- Source Well: ensure all products meet quality specifications prior to purchase, and drive category sales to support budget delivery (best deals and offers for customer and for WOW)
- Buy Well: negotiating competitive pricing to achieve the right customer and financial outcomes
- Manage operational stakeholders and build effective stakeholder relationships (internal and external)
- Communicate seasonality/ seasonal adjustments to the appropriate stakeholders
- Ensure stores’ stock requirements are met, and manage DC stock levels to company standards
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Previous experience and leadership in a buying, commercial or replenishment function (highly regarded)
- Sound communication, stakeholder engagement, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated skills in matrix management, influencing, and collaboration
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office) and Google functions
- Experience using SAP (including PMR and WEBI and customer service programs)
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines with tight time constraints
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.