|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Genuine business partnering role for a strong Data Analyst to join our Procurement Analytics team
- Expect to join a dynamic team in a fast paced environment, with a positive working culture that supports work-life balance
- 12 months fixed term contract
It’s the beginning of a new era for the Woolworths’ Group Procurement team. We are an enterprise wide function and our job is to provide thought leadership, best practice advice and deliver a service that adds value to our business partners. The team is positioned to drive change and continuous improvement across the business whilst continually focused on providing excellent customer experiences for our stakeholders.
About the Role
Reporting to the Procurement Analytics Manager, our Procurement Analysts play an important role in creating value for the business by supporting the Portfolio Managers and Category Managers in conducting procurement activities. You will be very closely involved in sourcing goods and services, and provide analytical insights in the development of category strategies and executing sourcing events to reduce total costs, whilst ensuring value for money and high levels of service and compliance with Procurement Policies, Standards and ‘best practice’. Your success to establish credibility will depend on your ability to effectively extract and collate data from various sources to present findings and insights through story-telling.
Key responsibliites include:
- Working with stakeholders to create sourcing objectives and requirements while developing strategies to carry out RFPs with suppliers
- Supporting Category Managers in analysing how to approach the commercials of new sourcing activities (e.g. reviewing possible pricing structures for the products or services, deep-diving into supplier cost structures etc.)
- Evaluating supplier responses to sourcing events, including quantitative analysis of costs, and presenting comparative results to responses against other suppliers.
- Working with complex data sets to formulate meaningful business insights
- Presenting findings to senior stakeholders within the business
- University degree in an appropriate discipline
- High ability in Microsoft Excel (advanced formulas, pivots, vlookups, dashboard presentations etc.)
- 2+ Years experience in Analytics (preferably within Procurement)
- Proven experience to draw insights from raw data and influence business decision through correct
- Research skills for understanding our non-trade industries (e.g. Supply Chain, IT, Equipment)
- Sound understanding of commonly used IT systems within Woolworths - eg. Ariba, Tableau, SQL (preferred)
- Able to communicate professionally and succinctly (verbally and written)
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.