|Job Type:||Full Time|
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
We are seeking a Senior Business Development Consultant for NSW / ACT to be responsible for enabling Arup to be well placed to win work with preferred clients and secure desired projects in the local market.
Key to success in this role is your strong business / commercial acumen, exceptional client engagement skills and ability to work in a dynamic and vibrant business environment. You will have excellent communication and relationship management skills with the ability to think strategically. We are looking for a proactive client advocate who will understand the needs of Arup and our clients. Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills with a desire to support people and make a difference with be highly regarded.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Commerce or related field and business and commercial acumen.
- Relevant experience in a similar B2B, B2G business development, strategic account management and/or account-based marketing role within a matrix professional service environment with complex and long sales cycle context.
- Significant knowledge of strategic account management principles and practices including use of systems such as CRM, marketing automation, BI dashboards.
- Knowledge and interest in the built environment and related industry participants, industry regulatory environment, competitor landscape and future trends.
- Ability to effectively facilitate client account planning with senior stakeholders - providing appropriate constructive challenge, clear outcomes and commitment to action.
- Ability to proactively use client and market data to identify opportunities and inform client planning and related activities.
- Strong written communications skills and high level of attention to detail
- An ability to build trusted advisor status with senior business stakeholders.
About the role
Reporting to the Marketing Manager NSW/ACT, you will work closely with the NSW/ACT Office and Business Leadership Team, local Sector and Business (Markets) leaders and client relationship managers to improve the effectiveness of client relationship management, business development and marketing activity undertaken in the office.
In this role you will:
- Embed an effective approach to management of priority clients.
- Support the implementation of client plans and related account-based marketing activities for identified priority clients.
- Support leadership and client teams to take one Arup and client-led approach to market, constructively challenge traditional thinking and present new ideas in a compelling way.
- Facilitate the leverage and adoption of marketing campaigns, programs and targeted events at client level.
- Proactively identify and progress opportunities to capture compelling Arup credentials and project stories for use in bids, client meetings, award submissions, web and social media working collaboratively with Australasian Content Marketing Manager.
- Support client relationship reviews for priority clients in conjunction with Australasian Client Leadership team, Office Leadership team and client relationship managers.
- Provide input and advice on strategic pursuits and bids.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.