|Job Type:||Part Time|
Level: Sr. Analyst (Executive) – Manager Level
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG Australia’s Infrastructure & Projects Group (IPG) is Australia’s market leader in providing strategic, commercial, financial and transactional advisory services for major infrastructure projects across key industry sectors including renewable energy, transport and social infrastructure. In recent years we have become one of the largest independent advisors on renewable energy transactions and energy policy in the Australian energy market. Our clients include renewable energy developers, mining and resource businesses, and state and federal government agencies.
Examples of what we do:
We’re proud to have advised on some of the largest and most impactful transactions across Australia. We act as buy/sell-side advisors to renewable developers, investment funds and industrials. We have deep experience in assisting developers in bringing their renewable energy projects to financial close. Our team also provides support to governments on energy policy, grants and energy procurement processes.
Working in our team will provide the opportunity to make a real impact on the way Australia develops its energy infrastructure, reduces carbon emissions and meets future demand for energy.
We are looking for a Structured Finance and/or M&A Transaction Advisory professional with experience in executing greenfield or secondary market transactions within the energy or infrastructure sector. You would ideally join our team based in Brisbane .
This position offers the opportunity to take responsibility for the delivery of advice that supports our clients and our vision. As a Senior Analyst (Executive) or Manager , your work will cover all aspects of the transaction cycle, including but not limited to:
- providing clients with strategic, financial, transaction and commercial advice, in relation to business cases, strategy and transaction processes to deliver large scale projects in the energy sector;
- assisting in or managing the preparation of client deliverables, including financial modelling, information memoranda, marketing material, market-entry studies etc.;
- managing client engagements or discrete workstreams within a larger engagement, coaching and developing junior staff and client resources;
- project managing transactions, driving the transaction timetable, ensuring quality on client deliverables, as well as managing counterparties and other advisers to ensure transaction milestones are met;
- supporting the identification of opportunities for engagement and participating in business development initiatives;
pursuing opportunities to continuously improve the way we work and “do things better” for the benefit of our clients and the community more broadly.
You will be supported with comprehensive internal training opportunities, enabling you to shape your growth and career at KPMG.
You will also be expected to play an active role in supporting the development of the IPG team and fostering a collaborative and inclusive culture of work.
How are you Extraordinary?
You’re likely to bring with you:
- tertiary qualifications in a finance-related discipline or similar from a reputable University with outstanding academic transcripts;
- at least 3 to 5 years’ of relevant professional experience likely gained in management consultancy, engineering consultancy, corporate advisory, investment bank, project finance team, or infrastructure fund;
- a strong interest in developing a career in energy or infrastructure, corporate finance, strategy and transaction advisory;
- strong communication, presentation & project management skills and a proven ability to produce high quality and impactful professional documents for clients and internal use;
- a capacity to juggle competing demands across multiple engagements in a dynamic environment;
- a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team-based environment, juggling multiple deadlines;
- humility, dignity, and a strong work ethic.
The KPMG Difference
At KPMG, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ages, religions, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, those with a disability, women and people with a cultural or linguistically diverse background.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life.
KPMG has a decade-long, proud commitment to Indigenous Australia, as demonstrated by the achievement of an Elevate level Reconciliation Action Plan. KPMG is a foundation member and Principal Partner of Pride in Diversity started in Australia by ACON and the Diversity Council of Australia, and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index(AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace. KPMG Australia has been consistently recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency(WGEA) annual index.
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!