There's never been a better time to be at AGL
It's an extraordinary time for the energy sector. A time of complex challenges and unprecedented opportunities.
At AGL we have the scale, resources and ambition to take the lead and make real the possibilities the future holds. We're renewing and expanding our portfolio of sources and products to make them more sustainable, reliable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That's what we call progress. To achieve it, we're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too.
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and help bring progress to life.
About the Role
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Project Manager to be accountable for the end to end project management and delivery of projects across our AGL coal fired power stations in the Hunter Valley.
This is a 2-year fixed term role.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Manage and oversee all aspects of project management including scoping, planning, scheduling and project delivery
- Execute projects within scope on time, within budget and to defined quality
- Assess and facilitate project feasibility and the analysis of options
- Work in collaboration on project objectives with key AGL stakeholders including Engineering, Maintenance, Finance and Operations
- Manage multiple projects across multiple sites
- Develop and maintain the Project Management standards and reporting systems for the control of projects
- Establish external and internal project delivery resources
- Identify, schedule and coordinate contractor resources
To be successful, you'll have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant engineering discipline or significant experience in project management
- Proven experience in building relationships with engineering, operations, maintenance and contract management teams
- Proven experience in executing projects on time, within budget and to a defined scope
- Strong communication and influencing skills with a sound understanding of a Project Management Framework
- Strong commitment to workplace health, safety, and environment
Based in the beautiful Hunter Valley, you'll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative people in the energy generation industry. You will be a key part of a dynamic, diverse and highly capable team of engineering professionals. With a strong, values-driven culture and opportunities to advance your career, this is an exciting time to be part of AGL as the industry is preparing to transform to meet the needs of the new energy landscape.
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL operates a diverse generation portfolio supplying energy to 3.7 million customer accounts. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, employees, the Australian economy and our planet.
Our goal is to make energy simple, fair and transparent and we're continuing to innovate to enhance the lives of Australians now and into the future. It's an extraordinary time for the energy sector and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges.
We're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and together we'll bring progress to life.
At AGL all employees are encouraged to be themselves and to bring their whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTI+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. AGL has a commitment to maintain a diverse workforce, so welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences but recognises that some applicants may not wish to disclose, so that option is supported.
Click the "Apply" button to submit your application.