|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in marketing, strategy, consulting, retail areas.
- Experience in Hardware Marketing.
- Experience in Project Management. Experience with handling multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Experience managing large, complex global projects, significant budgets, and working with stakeholders and teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Experience with launching and marketing consumer electronics products in retail globally.
- Demonstrated experience at developing strategy, business plans, executive relationships, influencing cross-functional stakeholders.
- Understanding of hardware marketing and CE dynamics across major global markets through past experience working in/with focus on these markets.
- Leadership and organizational management skills. Excellent use of communication and productivity tools with effective analytical and problem solving skills, and superb verbal and written communications skills.
About the job
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As a Product Marketing Manager in the Platforms and Ecosystems team, your role will be to manage the Chromebooks brand in retail and help celebrate our OEM partner’s portfolio of Chromebook products with Australian consumers. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing our Chromebooks strategy within the retail environment, ensuring we are driving awareness of the Chromebooks brand and educating our audience on its unique proposition. You will work closely with the regional and global Chromebooks marketing team, as well as the Chromebooks GTM and product teams to build strategic plans, execute high impact campaigns, and track results in a fast, startup like environment.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Lead retail go-to-market planning for Chromebooks in Australia, including partner engagement, channel investment strategy, instore and fixture and POS development and retail execution.
- Be the voice of users in Australia to global teams, showcasing the unique needs of this market and leading innovations that can best serve the needs of Australians.
- Drive engagements with key retailers and OEM partners to promote Chromebook devices.
- Work cross-functionally with GTM, retail operations, product, sales, retail training, and product marketing teams to align on product roadmap, prioritization, execution planning and performance tracking.