|Job Type:||Full Time|
General Manager Project Practices & Improvement
Passion for improvement and projects
Leading a team of high performers
Located in Perth
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company. Our focus is on finding, mining and processing the Earth's mineral resources in order to maximise value for our shareholders. Everything we do is done with the future firmly in mind, so our employees are rewarded with opportunity, an open and diverse culture and a responsible working environment in which they can go further.
Rio Tinto Projects is responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of Rio Tinto’s global portfolio of major capital projects and studies, including closures. Responsible from Order of Magnitude through to execution and handover, the team collaborates with the various Product Groups to deliver world class tier 1 assets.
Reporting to the Managing Director Project Services, the GM Project Practices & Improvement is accountable for leading practices, managing the capital planning and reporting and driving improvement to enhance the successful delivery of major projects.
What the role entails
This is an excellent opportunity for a strong people leader with capital planning, business improvement and/or comes from a business, consulting or risk and assurance background. Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:-
- Development and oversight of the RT Projects Control Framework( PM+) including leadership of the following functions: project controls; procurement & contracts; risk management; knowledge management
- Development and oversight of the Major Capital Projects Assurance Framework, including oversight of level 2 and level 3 assurance activities
- Management and oversight of RT Projects Risk management in alignment with the Corporate Risk
- Management of the RT projects capital planning process including 5 year strategic plans, annual plan presentations, annual and quarterly forecasting process
- Oversight and management of the reporting function including responsibility for CEO Briefs, Board papers, Growth & Innovation executive reporting and RT Projects monthly reports
- Development of the RT Projects digital reporting strategy including data and system governance, and ownership of RT Projects control systems
- Management of the RT projects improvement strategy focusing on cost and schedule optimization (LinC) and driving capital intensity (CI) through study phases
- Leadership of a diverse team based in Perth & Brisbane
What we look for
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
Excellent people leadership skills
Strong business and commercial knowledge
Ability to handle a fast paced and high intensity role
Strong problem solver and a strategic thinker
Highly effective communication skills and ability to influence
Experience in capital planning, business improvement and/or risk
Experience in the preparation of executive committee and board level papers and presentations
Strong safety focus
This is an exceptional opportunity not to be missed. Job application closes on Wednesday, 26th February 2020 (Australian Time Zone). The role will ideally be based in Perth but for the right candidate, we may consider Brisbane as a location. Apply now!