|Job Type:||Full Time|
- ASX100 global manufacturer and marketer of commercial explosives, fertilisers and industrial explosives
- Nutrient Advantage Laboratory | Werribee, Victoria
- Great opportunity to take the next step in your career
Working at Incitec Pivot Limited (IPL) provides the opportunity to progress your career with an industry leader in both the agriculture and mining industries. IPL is an ASX 100 global diversified industrial chemicals company that manufactures and distributes industrial explosives, industrial chemicals and fertilisers.
We provide ground breaking solutions through practical innovation in the mining services and agriculture industry. The group comprises more than 5,000 people across the sales, commercial operations and manufacturing footprint globally, including the key mining markets in North America, Asia Pacific, South Africa and South America.
Incitec Pivot Fertilisers also boasts having Australia’s oldest soil testing service and in 2013 celebrated 50 years of providing continuous nutritional analytical services for farmers. An opportunity has become available for a Sample Preparation Team Lead to join our Nutrient Advantage Laboratory at Werribee.
Reporting the Laboratory Manager, you will be responsible for the coordination of sample receivable operations of a laboratory team for the nutrient analysis of agricultural soil, plant tissue, water, compost and manure samples, and reporting of high quality analytical results in a safe environment within the time and cost objectives.
Leading a team of both permanent staff and contractors you will focus on continuous improvement, a strong commitment to safety and motivating and inspiring the team to achieve goals.
As an experienced Laboratory Technician and/or Sample Preparation Officer, you will have experience in a laboratory environment, as well as:
- Demonstrated ability to supervise technical staff, provide motivational leadership and team building expertise
- Ensure testing generates high quality analytical results, reported within defined customer delivery expectations
- Assistance in the development of laboratory compliance activities, and implementation of team compliance activities to HSE programs
- Quick decision making from minimal information, with direction of staff for efficient, quality and safe operations
- Demonstrated experience in inventory management, or purchasing and invoice control
- Provide effective technical support for customer queries
- Experience in nutrient analysis of soil, plant tissue, water, compost and/or manure samples for agricultural or environmental purposes is desirable but not essential.
Benefits to you
- We are a team based on trust, collaboration and respect
- An above market attractive salary package is offered
- Flexible working conditions
- Confidential employee assistance program
- Mental Health and Well-being program
A little more about us
At the heart of Incitec Pivot and Dyno Nobel’s culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
The culture of safety is paramount and you will play an integral part in promoting Health Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures to ensure Zero Harm at all times. You will also be familiar with modern safety practices as well as have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
IPL is committed to building an inclusive and accessible organisation through the development of a culture that embraces diversity, improves organisational engagement and allows our employees to reach their full potential. IPL values the range of perspectives, experience and skills that a diverse and inclusive workforce brings to the organisation and, through this contribution, strengthens the Company.