|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer with quality experience to join our team based in Melbourne, VIC. This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately owned tier 1 constructor, and an international engineering enterprise.
- Assist engineering staff in preparing Inspection & Test Plans (ITP’s), inspection & test records and checklists.
- Establish, implement, evaluate and administer quality control programs to address project deliverables.
- Assist the Project Manager by reviewing and verifying compliance of QA records and deliverables of the contract prior to being incorporated into the Manufacturer’s Data Report (MDR).
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing and carrying out of audits on suppliers, subcontractors and production to ensure satisfactory implementation of applicable management systems and compliance to specified contract deliverables.
- Implement approved QMS system changes to the Project.
You will have a Degree in an Engineering Discipline (Civil / Mechanical / Electrical) or Construction Management with Chartered Professional Engineer status or equivalent. Minimum of 3 years’ of related technical experience within a infrastructure project delivery environment. Technical knowledge to interpret drawings, specifications and quality records.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.