|Job Type:||Full Time|
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Throughout Australia, Alstom's objective is to be the preferred partner for transport solutions while creating value through innovation. Our company values of Team, Trust and Action embody the spirit of our diverse and entrepreneurial people. Employee empowerment is crucial to our success and we continue to strengthen our culture through a diverse workforce, promoting entrepreneurial spirit and a fundamental commitment to integrity and ethical business standards and practices.
We have recently been named as the preferred proponent for Western Australia’s $1.6 billion Railcar Program. As part of the project we will design, manufacture and maintain 246 new railcars needed for METRONET projects and the replacement of the A-series trains. We will also deliver 6 DMU railcars to replace the five diesel railcars that operate the twice daily Australind service between Perth and Bunbury.
The Railcar Program has been identified as a Strategic Project under the WA Jobs Act 2017, which has additional requirements for local job creation. With a target of 50 per cent local content for the manufacturing of the new trains, this project will bolster our local manufacturing industry and maximise WA jobs.
We are currently looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team. Based in our Perth office, reporting to the Supply Quality Manager you will deploy Supplier Quality Assurance requirements in product & process development and warranty in accordance with the sourcing and project organization
Key Responsibilities in this Role Include:
Supplier Product Quality Development
- Lead all Supplier Development activities as aligned with Sourcing requirements
- Undertake and complete all Supplier approvals including implementing Improvement Plans
- Responsible to communicate and validate quality specifications and setting up SPQD plan with suppliers.
- Applies DFQ process and validates each milestone. Established relevant actions for SPQD plan to reach Supplier FAI go on time.
- Ensure effective resolution on Supplier NCR and with onetime containment and replacement of defective parts.
- Audit supplier process to check the effectiveness of the corrective and preventive action plan and implement quality wall if necessary.
- Prepare and monitor supplier Quality review at unit level.
Reporting, performances and network
- Work as a team with the Supplier Development and Quality network to identify key development actions to be taken with supplier.
- Ensure on time reporting of the relevant Supplier indicators: weekly report, monthly dashboard.
- Provide regular feedback to Sourcing and Quality team regarding supplier performance, quality concerns, and Return of Experience.
- Reports on supplier quality activities, performance indicators to Head of Quality.
Contribute to continuous improvement program
- Carry out training in order to improve supplier's knowledge and ability to meet Alstom's requirements.
- Participate in processes improvement and enforce the application of all Alstom standards.
- Ensure Alstom Transport's instructions, code of ethics and EHS rules are upheld.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required Includes:
- Engineering degree level or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Quality, Production management, Engineering or Industrial.
- Quality auditor qualification.
- Knowledge of quality tools (Problem Solving Tools, Quality Walls).
- Technical knowledge and understanding of system interdependencies.
- Autonomous, with excellent relationship skills
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is a lever to running a sustainable and successful business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected.