|Job Type:||Full Time|
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Alstom's objective is to be the preferred partner for transport solutions. Employee empowerment is crucial to our success and we continue to strengthen our culture through a diverse workforce, promoting entrepreneurial spirit and a fundamental commitment to integrity and ethical business standards and practices.
Alstom has been awared the PTA Australia’s $1.6 billion Railcar Program. As part of the project we will design, manufacture and maintain 246 new railcars needed for METRONET projects and the replacement of the A-series trains. We will also deliver 6 DMU railcars to replace the five diesel railcars that operate the twice daily Australind service between Perth and Bunbury.
We are currently looking for a Project Buyer for Sub-Systems to join our team. Based in our Perth office, reporting to the Sourcing Manager you be responsible for sub-system buying activities.
Key Responsibilities in this Role Include:
- Deployment of the commodities strategies
- Ensure project execution in line with quality cost delivery objectives
- Partner with local suppliers to develop local content including:
- Identification of project and business needs
- Preparation and launch of Request For Quotation with suppliers using the standard tool
- Ensure QCD targets achievement, CONQ (Cost Of Non Quality) & claims management
- Lead supplier QCD performance reviews
- Respect Alstom Transport code of ethics and guidelines
- Commodity support on site including:
- Consolidation of commodity needs, inputs
- Active participation to commodity strategy and panel elaboration
- Support of Sourcing Manager in tender phase
- Represent the commodities towards projects, platforms and solutions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required Includes:
- Commerical or Engineering degree with a Diploma in purchasing, experience in railway or car industry is preferable; A strong plus to have CIPS qualification.
- Fluent english, good to have International background; Have a good understanding of Australian legal requirements for contract management;
- Good interpersonal skills (leadership and communication)
- On site / frequent travels to the supplier or other sites
This is an exciting role and your opportunity to get involved on a brand new project at the ground level.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is a lever to running a sustainable and successful business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected.