|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Assist in developing software and hardware architectural solutions
- Use your skills to solve complex problems on a global stage
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
As the Software Research Engineer, you will be working as part of collaboration of CSIRO, UWA, Curtin and Pawsey Supercomputing Centre and national and international radio astronomy research groups. You will develop the software and hardware architectural solutions for the visualisation of large astronomy datasets as required by the science cases of SKA, ASKAP and MWA as part of the Australian SKA Regional Centre. The position is a joint appointment between UWA (ICRAR) and CSIRO (Pawsey Supercomputing Centre).
- Liaise with the science stakeholders to develop software and hardware requirements.
- Develop a software solution that will enable a range of remote visualisation
- Develop architectural solutions for visualising large astronomy datasets in Pawsey Supercomputing Centre.
- Contribute adapting software solutions to visualise large-scale data in other science domains.
Location: Kensington & Crawley, Perth
Salary: AU$83K - AU$94K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Physics.
- Substantial experience in computer graphics and scientific visualisation.
- Demonstrated expertise in software development of distributed software systems and integration.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, high level communication skills and able to interact as a team player.
For more information please view the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirments of this role.
Sunday, 15th March 2020 at 11:59PM AEST