|Job Type:||Full Time|
There's never been a better time to be at AGL
It's an extraordinary time for the energy sector. A time of complex challenges and unprecedented opportunities.
At AGL we have the scale, resources and ambition to take the lead and make real the possibilities the future holds. We're renewing and expanding our portfolio of sources and products to make them more sustainable, reliable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That's what we call progress. To achieve it, we're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too.
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and help bring progress to life.
About the Role
At AGL, we have an opportunity for an experienced Privacy professional to join the team in Melbourne as the Senior Manager, Group Privacy & Governance. This role will report to the GM of Group Risk & Compliance and lead a small team of high performing privacy professionals.
This is a crucial role that will act as the SME responsible for providing privacy expertise across group wide projects and for influencing the development and integration of best practice governance frameworks pertaining to privacy, modern slavery, anti-bribery and corruption, along with other key areas of corporate governance.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead implementation of AGL's Privacy framework and policy
- Assist business in implementing AGL's Privacy framework in future state processes/system
- Provide subject matter expertise and advice to all AGL business units relating to privacy and data governance
- Provide timely and expert advice in relation to the management of privacy related risks and incidents
- Proactively engage with business operations regarding the storage and sharing of data and information
- Provide critical support to FB&T in building and improving AGL's Data and Information Governance Frameworks
- Lead development and implementation of appropriate incident management and escalation protocols and procedures, including in relation to data breach notification obligations
- Lead implementation of AGL's business resilience framework to anticipate, protect, respond, recover and adapt to material uncertainties and disruption events
- Review and enhance AGL's business continuity management program and the escalation criteria for incidents through the business continuity management hierarchy
- Develop, deliver and maintain enterprise-wide governance programs, which include (but is not limited to) Privacy, Modern Slavery, Trade sanctions, Anti-Bribery, Corruption and Fraud, and Conflicts of Interest
To be successful, you will have:
- Previous experience in a Senior Leadership role relating to Privacy & Governance
- Strong knowledge of privacy, data and related legislation, with a proven ability to support large organisations implement leading practice data and information governance frameworks
- Extensive experience in the practical application and development of Compliance and Risk Management frameworks
- Detailed understanding of corporate governance concepts and requirements
- Experience in working with and presenting to all levels of an organisation, including up to Executive level
- Excellent presentation, communication (verbal and written) and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to deliver, drive positive outcomes, and bring about change within a large, diverse organisation
- Passion for driving change and continuous improvement
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL operates a diverse generation portfolio supplying energy to 3.7 million customer accounts. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, employees, the Australian economy and our planet.
Our goal is to make energy simple, fair and transparent and we're continuing to innovate to enhance the lives of Australians now and into the future. It's an extraordinary time for the energy sector and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges.
We're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and together we'll bring progress to life.
At AGL, we're committed to diversity and inclusion, so we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
Click the "Apply" button to submit your application.