|Job Type:||Full Time|
Be part of the journey NAB is embarking on in green-fields project to establish a world class Data Lake. We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to play a leading role in building out our resilience capabilities
- Join the team building NAB’s Data Lake resilience capabilities
- Provide technology based services incorporating design, development, delivery and maintenance of technological solutions to meet business needs
- We are focused on your learning & development
Your new role awaits
We’re changing at NAB. Our goal is to build a world class information management and engineering culture to enable us to deliver an unprecedented pace of change and a customer experience second to none.
- Innovation, design and development of Data Lake’s end-to-end:
- Orchestration (event driven orchestration and Airflow)
- Data movement and transformation tracking
- Data reconciliation
- Write solution designs so that agreed requirements can be converted into functional systems.
- Undertake unit and system testing activities
- Contribute to the review and redesign of processes or procedures, on an ongoing basis, to deliver improved system productivity or efficiency.
- Resolve production incidents (through diagnosis, testing & applying fix) for assigned applications
Your skills & experience
- Experience in data lake or warehouse orchestration (job scheduling, execution, re-running, etc)
- Experience in data lake or warehouse data integrity and reconciliation
- Ability to lead a team.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts and ETL tools
- Experience with Java, Python (Django) and dashboarding tools like Tableau
- Strong database skills in at least one major RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, Postgres) and exposure to Web services standards and REST
Your new team
We know that life’s about more than money. That’s why we’re so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch data and analytics platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers.
Choose an item. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.