|Job Type:||Full Time|
- We provide an agile work environment and a career that flexes to your lifestyle
- Opportunity to work on a wide variety of commercial arrangements and agreements, regulatory issues and corporate matters
- Based in our office at Barangaroo in Sydney CBD
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a 12 month contract in KPMG’s Office of General Counsel (OGC) for a senior commercial lawyer. The OGC deals with the review, drafting and negotiation of a wide variety of commercial arrangements and agreements, regulatory issues and litigation. If you are an enthusiastic, hardworking, proactive and commercially aware solicitor seeking to join one of Australia’s leading professional services organisations, we want to hear from you today.
Your new role
Based in KPMG’s Sydney office, key responsibilities include:
- Drafting and negotiating general contracts and commercial agreements
- Reviewing new products and service offerings in the Innovation space and other areas of the business
- Providing legal advice in relation to tender documents
- Drafting and advising on service agreements and procurement contracts
- Negotiating alliance agreements
- Conducting research into a variety of legal issues
- Liaising closely with the business and external counsel
You bring to the role
Required experience includes:
- Post admission experience with a leading law firm or in an in-house environment
- Must hold a current practicing certificate
- 6 plus years commercial lawyer experience
- Significant experience negotiating general commercial contracts
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience building relationships with internal clients at all levels
- Project management, research, analysis and problem solving skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and a team-orientated attitude
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.