|Job Type:||Full Time|
There's never been a better time to be at AGL
It's an extraordinary time for the energy sector. A time of complex challenges and unprecedented opportunities.
At AGL we have the scale, resources and ambition to take the lead and make real the possibilities the future holds. We're renewing and expanding our portfolio of sources and products to make them more sustainable, reliable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That's what we call progress. To achieve it, we're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too.
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and help bring progress to life.
About the Role
As the Senior Corporate Lawyer, Operations you will report to the Group Counsel, Operations as part of a high performing and highly regarded legal team.
You will have 5 - 10 years post qualification experience to deliver high quality, complex legal services to the Group Operations (GO) business unit which manages AGL's diverse portfolio of power generation and gas assets.
If you have experience in the Energy and Resources or the Construction and Infrastructure industries, working at the front end or back end of complex projects, we would love to hear from you!
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide legal support relevant to Group Operations and AGL's operational sites, including drafting and negotiating procurement, construction, property and O&M agreements
- Manage AGL's legal risk by proactively identifying legal risks in contracts and operations. Advise on contract interpretation and administration issues and disputes as required by GO
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and influence within the business, applying internal context to all legal advice to support achievement of business imperatives and to protect AGL's legal position
- Develop initiatives to improve the quality and efficiency of legal services provided to GO
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with external counsel, challenges and delivers feedback on quality of advice provided, fee estimates and invoices provided by external legal counsel
To be successful, you'll have:
- 5 - 10 years post-qualification experience in private practice and/or in an in-house legal role
- Energy and Resources and/or Construction law experience. Construction dispute resolution experience will be highly regarded
- Experience in leading complex legal matters and effectively representing clients in commercial negotiations
- Ability to foster and develop strong effective relationships with key stakeholders at each opportunity
- Ability to lead business change in response to changes in the regulatory environment
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines with a high standard of client/stakeholder service and delivery
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with clarity and effectiveness at all levels of the business, and strong listening skills to understand others' views and business drivers
- Bachelor of Laws degree (or equivalent) and admitted to practice in the applicable Australian jurisdiction
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL operates a diverse generation portfolio supplying energy to 3.7 million customer accounts. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, employees, the Australian economy and our planet.
Our goal is to make energy simple, fair and transparent and we're continuing to innovate to enhance the lives of Australians now and into the future. It's an extraordinary time for the energy sector and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges.
We're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and together we'll bring progress to life.
At AGL, we're committed to diversity and inclusion, so we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
Click the "Apply" button to submit your application.