|Job Type:||Full Time|
A career that gives you more
At NAB, we are driving towards changing the way we bank. If you are a leader with experience in architecting and delivering large scale Banking Transformation, we would love to talk to you.
We are looking for candidates to lead a team of seasoned Business Enterprise and Solution Architects in a complex and dynamic environment. You will provide direction and Architecture leadership for Business and Private Banking (B&PB), while delivering guidance on alignment with our technology strategy and Architecture principles. This role is crucial in enabling the business to achieve their strategy of being Australia’s largest Private and Business Bank.
At NAB there is a fundamental shift towards an experiment-driven culture of architecture and technology decisioning, and if you share our passion for this change, this could be a very exciting opportunity to join and lead this group.
In this role, you will:
- Translate the strategy of the B&PB into technology investments. This role provides the overall direction to ensure development and delivery of objectives and initiatives within parameters set by BU and Technology leadership;
- Establish a world-class Architecture team that sets the path for delivery of key technology outcomes in line with the broader business and technology strategies, with the goal of continuously simplifying and advancing the portfolio to meet business requirements;
- Build, cultivate and maintain a world-class Architecture capacity and capability to partner with internal and external teams to deliver seamless technology services that meet the needs of customers and the business;
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, particularly as it pertains to the financial services sector, including current technologies, prices and vendors. Advise, counsel, and educate BU and Technology management on their competitive and financial impact;
- Carefully balance the day-to-day management of architecture team while leading a new transformation agenda;
- Develop a culture within the team that promotes and inspires a sense of ownership, accountability, commerciality, results, agility, responsiveness and proactive alignment with the business; create superior performing team ensuring high engagement.
Skill & Experience:
- Significant ‘hands-on’ engineering experience forming the foundation for architecture competency;
- Extensive architecture experience – strategic and delivery – in a sophisticated IT environment supporting multiple business units, within Financial Services, ideally Business and or Private Banking;
- Experience of defining and executing long-term strategies that delivers significant customer benefits;
- Broad commercial understanding and an ability to contribute to the leadership of the business as a whole;
- Strong leadership, team and people management skills with experience of building, organising and driving highly performing, customer-focused teams;
- Requires a strong working knowledge of the IT industry and emerging technology trends with a proven ability to apply this knowledge to drive results in a complex enterprise;
- Relevant management experience, with demonstrated success leading cultural transformation through an organisation;
- Secondary and graduate qualified in Computer Science or relevant technically aligned discipline and/or equivalent engineering experience.
At NAB life is about more than money.
Over time, we’ve learned a thing or two about helping our customers. And while money is important it’s not what matters most. It’s the connection we share and the relationships we build. And that’s why we do things a little differently. Today, we have more than 35,000 people serving 10 million customers at more than 800 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world. As you explore our site and discover more about our culture and our people, you'll see this is a place of possibilities. Our move to the cloud is helping them become realities.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency status in Australia. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the advert.