|Job Type:||Part Time|
Senior Consultant – Manager, Valuations
- Choose the way you want to work by embracing our flexible work arrangements
- Immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Work on a range of corporate finance and valuation engagements
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG Valuation Services is positioned within our Deals Tax and Legal (DTL) group and has extensive experience in providing valuation advice in relation to transactions, reorganisations, disputes, litigations, financial reporting, restructurings and funds.
We now have an opportunity for a motivated individual who has a strong desire to develop their valuation experience. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the leading corporate advisors in Australia and worldwide and to develop your skills in applying both traditional and leading edge valuation techniques to value companies in a diverse range of industries.
Our Brisbane office is looking for a candidate at either the Senior Consultant (Executive) or Manager Level to join this niche group. Working as a member of a close knit supportive team you will be involved in and learn to run end-to-end projects in relation to:
- Providing independent professional advice to boards, shareholders and management on transactions, takeovers, or evaluations of unsolicited takeover offers
- Determining the right price to pay or accept for a business or other asset
- Calculating the value of equity to be issued to new shareholders or partners
- Valuing private equity and unlisted investments for financial reporting and pricing purposes
- Undertaking valuations for tax purposes (including tax consolidation)
- Providing valuations for accounting and reporting purposes (including valuations required under AASB such as Purchase Price Allocations) and advice on impairment related issues
- Building financial models to support and analyse particular projects
- Providing valuations to assist in resolving commercial disputes
Assisting our audit practice in impairment related matters
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- A degree in Commerce or Finance and a professional accounting or CFA qualification (or currently pursing further studies)
- Strong technical valuations skills backed by a commercial flair
- Highly developed report writing skills to compile sound, commercially-focused reports
- A client focused approach with the ability to build robust relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- The ability to manage and develop junior colleagues
- A desire to contribute to team success along with a motivated and dedicated work ethic
The KPMG Difference
At KPMG, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ages, religions, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, those with a disability, women and people with a cultural or linguistically diverse background.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life.
KPMG has a decade-long, proud commitment to Indigenous Australia, as demonstrated by the achievement of an Elevate level Reconciliation Action Plan. KPMG is a foundation member and Principal Partner of Pride in Diversity started in Australia by ACON and the Diversity Council of Australia, and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index(AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace. KPMG Australia has been consistently recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency(WGEA) annual index.
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!