|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Opportunity
Working as a key part of the Wellington structural team, this role will primarily be focused on the technical delivery of projects for our key energy sector clients.
The role includes a mixture of technical engineering design, project management, technical review and business development with the balance changing according to business needs.
The role would suit a technically strong engineer with good project management skills and leadership ambitions, looking to develop into project leadership roles.
Key duties will include:
- Carry out analysis and design of transmission lines and associated structures
- Coordinate and liaise with the drafting team to produce relevant documentation, plans and drawings
- Prepare and present neat and professional calculations and sketches to communicate engineering design
- Complete engineering design using hand calculations, computer simulations and finite element modelling and conventional software
- Prepare specifications and other tender documentation and produce clear and concisely written reports
- Take part in design reviews and other meetings with our key energy sector clients
- Carry out thorough and robust technical reviews of work by other team members
- Provide technical mentoring to junior engineers
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in engineering
- 6+ years’ experience working as a structural engineer/transmission line engineer in New Zealand or similar environment
- Design and construction of a variety of structural types
- Significant relevant experience in a consulting engineering organisation
- Significant experience in the design of transmission line structures
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong skills in software specific to transmission line structural design.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel
Calibre Group is a diversified Professional Services and Construction specialist. We provide a broad scope of engineering, consulting, construction, project delivery and management services, allowing Calibre to turn knowledge into value at every stage of the project lifecycle.
What We Offer
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and as our most valuable asset we invest in our employees’ personal and professional growth. We provide a range of benefits including;
- Strong professional development programs (we are an accredited professional development partner with Engineering NZ), on the job training and study support
- Leadership and mentoring programs
- Paid parental leave
- Purchased leave
- Salary continuance insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible working options
- Professional memberships and subscriptions
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Generous employee referral incentives
- A host of health and well being benefits
If this sounds like you then APPLY NOW