|Job Type:||Full Time|
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
To be successful in this role you will have high level attention to detail, good problem solving skills, ability to meet deadlines and be flexible. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and a proactive attitude.
You will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Solid knowledge and experience in the following programs: Outlook (Advanced), Word (Advanced), Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, OneNote, CRM (Desirable), Adobe Package (Acrobat professional & Indesign).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- Knowledge of bidding best practice, preferably within a similar field (perferable).
- Ability to undertake information management and research activities as they relate to bidding and business development within the Group.
- Ability to multitask and balance demands.
- Ability to build rapport and network with internal stakeholders as it relates to bidding and winning work.
About the role
The key focus of this role is to provide support to the Transport and Resource NSW Team’s bidding activities. Tenders will range from major multi-disciplinary, multi-company infrastructure projects to small, technically-specific projects. The successful applicant will need to support development and submission of bids as well as business administration support to the Group where needed, located at our Sydney Office.
In this role you will:
- Support the tender process, including team members undertaking bid response development for commercial and quality returnable schedules.
- Support bids and proposals from beginning to end, including assisting others undertaking estimating, writing, formatting, proofing, workshopping and graphics tasks.
- Understand and support the bid policy and win strategy throughout the process, including attending bid go/no go meetings, pricing reviews, methodology and other workshops, and collating bid feedback.
- Support the document development process, including helping identify required inputs from the technical library, undertaking proofing, formatting of documents and production of print/upload PDFs.
- Collate bid collateral including relevant certificates, project information and CVs.
- Help manage updates to our CRM platform to keep track of tenders, as well as managing tender portal information and uploads where needed.
- Liaise with key personnel and others within the region to ensure timely delivery of bid tasks to meet internal and external (client) deadlines.
- Cooperate with other team members to achieve outcomes with under minimal supervision, referring up as necessary.
- Other administrative assistance as required including but not limited to organising meetings, forums, conferences, preparation of presentations, agendas, papers, minutes, bookings, catering, etc.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.