|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Windows Defender Research team is seeking an Security Researcher who wants to help improve the security of Microsoft's products. So, if you like to reverse-engineer, analyze data and examine behaviours to make decisions about malware detections, this job is perfect for you.
Our Research team is a global team of antimalware researchers, advanced threat hunters, and agile malware responders at the forefront of protecting Windows and the Microsoft ecosystem from malware threats. We power protection in products like Windows Defender, Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection, System Center Endpoint Protection, Office 365, Azure, and more. We are an industry leading threat research lab that responds to customer issues with malware and use cutting edge antimalware techniques to help keep our customers safe. If you are a technically strong antimalware researcher who is passionate about having huge impact in the security industry, we would love to talk to you!
The main responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Conduct research and lead research collaborations that yield new insights, theories, analyses, data, algorithms and prototypes and that advance state-of-the-art of malware protection
- Lead efforts to build and use automation, machine learning and the cloud to scale-out impact
- Work with other internal and external teams to forge new and improve existing partnerships that help mature the product
- Provide exemplary leadership in an exceptionally challenging and rewarding environment and influence the organization
- Collaborate with researchers, coordinators and developers to improve the protection capabilities of the products
- Make good, timely and practical decisions with moderate uncertainty or pressure on a consistent basis
Determine most effective method of problem resolution with internal research team and engineering team input
Key skills and qualifications:
- Relevant industry experience with a strong understanding of customer needs and knowledge of security landscape
- Strong research skills, data knowledge, and ability to analyze and present complex data visually in a meaningful way
- Strong technical and thought leader with skills in various scripting tools and/or C# programming.
- Good communication skills and an eye for detail. Able to perform well under stress, particularly in emergency response situations.
- Strong understanding of operating system and computer networking concepts.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.