|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Suits an experienced finance professional with previous banking experience
About the Role
The Performance Reporting team provides reporting, on a Group basis, to the Executive Committee (Exco) and Board of Directors of Bank of Queensland (BOQ). As the Finance Reporting Manager, you will be responsible for providing support to the Head of Performance Reporting through major processes, including month-end reporting, half-year and year-end reporting, and the forecast and budget processes, together with helping to prepare ad-hoc analysis and papers requested by the CFO, Exco or the Board.
This role will require you to be organised, helping to set and communicate timetables across Group Finance and ensure that all deadlines are met and that the Deputy CFO and CFO are kept up to date with progress. You will need to have a strong attention to detail, a curious mind willing to question and investigate variances and unusual results/trends and an analytical ability to derive insights from both internal and external data to assist Exco in the financial management of the organisation.
Other key responsibilities will include preparing monthly reports and analysis on the Finance business unit for the Deputy CFO and the MD's Office for the Chief of Staff to the CEO; managing the Group Allocation process; and ownership of the forecasting and budgeting processes for the Group.
The role will require the formation of close working relationships across Group Finance particularly with the Financial Control and Group tax teams and the Finance Business Partners and hence will require good collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
Identifying and driving process improvement, automation and efficiencies across Group Finance will be part of Business as Usual.
To be considered for this role, you will have an extensive post-qualification experience, preferably in the banking and financial services industry. Your demonstrated experience in managing corporate processes and development and precision of analytical reporting and insights will see you succeed, along with a strong ability and success in stakeholder management.
You should also have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualification in Accounting, Commerce or related discipline
- ICAA/CPA post graduate qualifications (or equivalent)
- Able to interrogate data and investigate variances, willing to challenge when things don't look right or are not in line with expectations
- Strong organisational skills with focus on delivery and meeting deadlines
- Attention to detail but ability to see the bigger picture
- Confident with using accounting (SAP) and reporting systems (TM1), strong excel skills essential.
- Ability to present information in new and insightful ways, good communication skills
- Effective collaborator, primarily with internal stakeholders
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.