South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
About the role - Note: this is a 12 month parental leave contract
Reporting to the Manager, HR Projects, the purpose of the role is to develop the HR Management Plans for the various phases of Brownfields Projects across the South32 portfolio, in addition to providing HRBP support to ensure the delivery of HR Services to relevant Project ‘Owners’ Teams.
Other accountabilities include:
- Develop and then execute HR Strategies and plans for Brownfields Projects from Concept to Execution and handover to Operations, including change and stakeholder management.
- Manage the delivery (including brokering services) of the full HR Value Chain of services to Project Owners Teams
- Provide advice, coaching and support to Project Leadership Teams and leaders within the Projects to ensure the success of the Project and effective management of people resources
- Create a suite of tools, templates, rhythms and routines to drive the development of robust HR Plans, their disciplined implementation and transparent reporting of progress
- Identify, mitigate and manage risks and opportunities related to allocated Projects
- Make recommendations and provide strategic advice on HR related timelines and resourcing requirements
This position will be based at our project office at the Port Kembla Coal Terminal. Our Illawarra operations are in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the coastal city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south/southwest of Sydney. This role will require occasional travel to our Wollongong office, our operational sitesand to other locations within Australia.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or relevant discipline
- Extensive HR experience within the resources or similar industries ideally in operational and project roles
- Demonstrated experience in delivering HR activities in either Brownfield or Greenfields major projects and/or delivery of a HR projects study
- Demonstrated experience developing HR business strategies and management plans across the HR employee lifecycle together with a strong understanding of business processes and value drivers
- Well-developed understanding of the ER & IR landscape in Australia
- Able to coach and influence leaders at all levels across the business and provide strategic HR advice and direction
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering against a workforce plan in a Project setting
- Proven track record of working with both internal and external key stakeholders to develop and deliver a shared deliverable, including HR strategies
- High level of skill in consulting, stakeholder management and interpersonal skills to resolve complex issues, influence outcomes and successfully deliver project outcomes.
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent employee benefits
- 9-day fortnight or flexible work arrangements
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.