|Job Type:||Full Time|
Boral are looking for an experienced Quarry Supervisor to join their Bridgewater team. This is a key position where you will be responsible for supervising the day to day operations while assisting the Quarry Manager to ensure the safe, efficient and productive operation of the Quarry. You will possess a strong safety focus and a genuine interest in the day-to-day management and challenges of running a quarry, whilst also ensuring that supplied quarry products meet the relevant Australian Standards and customer specifications. This is a permanent role with an attractive salary on offer, reporting into the Quarry Manager.
- Lead Safety and Environmental compliance and best practice across all activities to assist in achieving our goal of ZERO HARM;
- The running of the operations on a day to day basis along with the Quarry Manager;
- Supervise and coordinate all daily activities carried out on site;
- Manage contractors and employees whilst ensuring compliance around legislation is managed and implemented;
- Ensure environmental issues are reported and managed;
- Conduct inspections and report outcomes to ensure fixed mobile plant maintenance is carried out;
- Manage stock inventory;
- Promote, facilitate and initiate LEAN activities and
- Report and hazards and incidents on site;
- Maintain and control expenditure within agreed budget guidelines and report on variations.
What are we looking for?
- While quarry experience is not essential, a strong production/manufacturing background will be highly regarded;
- Proven ability and experience in supervising;
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to safety and quality;
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with all people, including leading and influencing people;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team with minimal supervision;
- Strong people and communication skills and,
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise competing deadlines.
Why join Boral?
- Opportunity to work in a busy, highly successful team with genuine training and career development opportunities
- ToT Vehicle and mobile
- Discounted financial services and external partner discounts
- Boral Employee Assistance Program (BEAP)
- Organisation that is dedicated to the health and safety of employees
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with three strong divisions: the high-performing, well-positioned materials business of Boral Australia; the fast-growing, 50%-owned USG Boral interior linings joint venture in Asia, Australia and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a scaled and growing building products and fly ash business. With its headquarters in Sydney, Australia, Boral had approximately 16,500 full-time equivalent employees (including in JVs) working across over 700 operating sites in 17 countries as at 30 June 2017.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Click to Apply or visit http://careers.boral.com.au