|Job Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
Canstar is Australia’s biggest financial comparison website. For over 25 years, Canstar has been researching and rating financial products.
Our Research team develops the flagship Canstar gold star ratings which are used by over 500,000 Australian’s a month to assist them in making a more informed product purchase decision. We are currently looking for an energetic and experienced Research Analyst to our Research team.
We employ over 150 staff with a diverse range of educational and professional backgrounds and we take pride in the diversity of our staff and our ability to offer our people the opportunity to grow and develop their skills as the company grows too.
What Canstar offers
- Supportive and flexible working environment
- Birthday leave
- Free breakfast and fresh fruit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly massages
- Fun social club and company culture
- Training and development opportunities in areas that matter to you
What you will be doing
- Develop an understanding of and remain informed on consumer behaviour, market developments, trends and regulatory environment of assigned product areas
- Creation and maintenance of assigned star ratings/award methodologies
- Evaluate the outcomes of the ratings to ensure the methodology has been modelled accurately
- Ensure research activities are delivered within agreed parameters and to agreed KPIs
- Build in a quality assurance process into all projects
- Preparation and presentation of methodology and outcomes to Canstar’s internal committees
- Provide analysis on market offerings and developments to assist in Canstar’s marketing endeavours including but not limited to media commentary and data analysis
- Produce and bring recommendations to Senior Analysts for guidance on decisions relating to methodology, product and process questions
- Work collaboratively and flexibly across Canstar to design, manage and undertake research projects in accordance with Canstar’s business plan
What you need to bring to the role
- University degree in finance, economics, commerce, marketing or behavioral science or related discipline
- 2+ years experience in a relevant role
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong preference for collaboration and working across teams
- High level of written communication skills
What will give you the extra edge
- Experience working in the financial industry
- Sound knowledge of financial products
- Microsoft Access and R experience
- People management experience
How can you join our team
If this sounds like you, and you are up for a fresh challenge with a great company, please click apply now and ensure that your CV and cover letter has been uploaded to your profile.
Please contact Emily Conaghan via firstname.lastname@example.org for general enquiries.