Location – Pring (Bowen)
Rem/Benefit – As per Coal EA
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Due to internal promotions, our Pring depot is seeing two additional freight operators to join their team (one will be employed on a permanent basis, the other on a 12 month contract). Ideally, you will shunt qualified with recent experience and are able to display superior teamwork skills, flexibility, a high level of safety awareness and customer service.
- Shunting and yard duties (including cleaning)
- Examine and certify trains as ready for departure
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's safety and operational standards and procedures
- Provide excellent customer service
- Commitment to undertake additional training as required.
- Ability to meet CAT 1 Rail Medical Assessment and other pre - offer checks.
- Must be available to work 24/7 shift roster
- Current unrestricted Class C drivers licence
- Apply 'best practice' techniques to ensure efficient and safe train operations
What We Can Offer You
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities.
Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets. To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 85016 ), please contact Christine on 07 4943 4341