|Job Type:||Full Time|
Product Owner- Claims
- Flexible work options
- Free on-site gym
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about.
TAL needs people who represent our diverse Australian community. People who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community. People who are passionate about making the most of the choices and options we provide. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart.
About the Opportunity
As a Product Owner, you are helping to evolve our products and bring to market new features. The Product Owner is a key member of the delivery team primarily responsible for guiding concepts through development to launch. This role works closely with a multi-disciplinary team that includes Product Management, Design, QA, Development and the Development Manager.
This role represents business stakeholders to elicit, understand, analyse, document, refine, prioritise and communicate business needs, so that delivery teams can build effective solutions. This requires a detailed understanding of customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to prioritise investment, business value and delivery.
This position serves as the day to day decision maker and provides continual business guidance for the execution team. The Product Owner is responsible for prioritising the execution team's work so that it aligns with the sponsor's strategies. The candidate will work with the business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational risks, escalate issues and develop and recommend appropriate solutions
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least three (3-5) years’ experience as a Product Owner or comparable role, working with Agile Delivery Teams, utilising Agile / Scrum / Kanban delivering innovative products and continuous improvements to customers.
- Solid experience implementing CI/CD practices in delivery teams, including automated build, testing (functional and non-functional)
- Previous experience leading 1 – 8 people in high-impact delivery teams
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, adaptive and resilient in a fast changing environment.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience in the application of agile and lean practices
- Experience in managing multiple deliveries concurrently
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings to obtain commitment & resolve issues
- Life insurance and/or Investment/Superannuation Platforms experience preferred
- Experience in digital platform development – including implementing modern UI/UX frameworks
- Strong experience in product development using an Agile approach
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We want our employees to work in ways that suits their life and the nature of their role, so they feel able to meet their work life commitments and support their wellbeing. Everyone’s welcome to work for us – regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with.
We know it’s the people we work with and experiences we share that make work meaningful and fulfilling, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
You don’t have to be an artist, adventurer, doer or dreamer, but it really helps.
If you would like to apply or refer a friend please click on the relevant button below and follow the instructions.