|Job Type:||Full Time|
Posted date: 11-Feb-2020
Location: Prominent Hill Mine, SA, AU, 5710
We are an Australian-based modern mining company with a focus on copper. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX150), we own the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine, are currently constructing the ~A$1b Carrapateena copper-gold operation, have operating and exploration holdings in Brazil; as well as a significant pipeline of project opportunities with exploration earn-ins and projects under study.
By 2023 we will be a global, copper-core, Modern Mining Company, delivering superior value with multiple operating assets underpinned by a diverse exploration and project pipeline.
At OZ Minerals Prominent Hill, we value your ideas and encourage you to champion innovation and collaboration. We are a mid-tier mining company so you will not get lost in the crowd or tangled in bureaucracy. Rather, we unlock your value and offer opportunities that supercharge your career.
We are seeking an experienced Mine Manager to lead our Mining Department. This is permanent position, based at Prominent Hill is critical to the effective functioning of the site and will work in collaboration with the Prominent Hill Manager, Studies and Manager, Technical Services to ensure ongoing mine development, mine production and mine planning is seamless.
- Leading and implementing the OZ Minerals Process and Performance standards
- Establishing and maintaining the necessary systems and procedures to ensure safe and efficient underground operations
- Building a ‘one team’ mentality and demonstrating inclusive behaviours
- Managing the underground team performance with respect to safety, cost, schedule and quality
- Owning the Prominent Hill Operating System (PHOS) to drive operational excellence in mining execution
- The ability to drive change and take an adaptable approach to work practices and the environment.
- At least 10 years’ experience in underground mining operations at a leadership level
- Extensive knowledge of underground mining practices and procedures
- Exceptional safety management
- Proven experience in the management of mining contracts with a focus on safety, cost, schedule and quality
- Proven experience in implementing change initiatives
- Experience in the delivery of underground projects including shaft, production development and associated infrastructure and facilities
- Sound commercial skills
- A solid understanding of Lean concepts for work planning, reporting and project controls
- Experience in driving productivity improvement programmes
- A Degree as a Mining Engineer or equivalent
- The appropriate Underground Mine Manager’s Ticket.
If you are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and would like to apply to this position, please click the apply button to create your profile and upload your cover letter and CV. #comeworkwithus
Applications close: Wednesday 26th Feb 2020
OZ Minerals is not accepting third party referrals from Recruitment Agencies.