|Job Type:||Full Time|
Build your career and Australia’s future.
As nbn moves from Build to Run, alongside with a transforming industry, we are preparing for an exciting journey ahead. We are introducing a brand-new technology stack which has never been used at nbn and rarely seen in the marketplace. We’ll be solving problems that are unique to this industry.
We are currently recruiting for a Network & Complex S&D Manager to join our team in Melbourne.
A bit about your role
Your responsibilities and duties in more detail below:
- The Network & Complex Service & Delivery Manager will be accountable for leading a team of Jeopardy Officers, Schedule Optimisers, Works Specialists and respective Team Leaders in executing schedule management activities as well as daily work schedules with both IWF & SDP field workforce. This is both a technical and tactical role requiring a high degree of analytical and systems experience.
- You will build and lead a team of engaged and effective operators to meet the Workforce Operations Centre (WOC) key business objectives. Experience in performance management will be critical, with an emphasis on coaching and development of the team to improve and sustain performance.
- The Network & Complex S&D Manager will be responsible for providing Subject Matter Expertise to all Direct Reports and is required to have good understanding of all process and procedures in line with the role.
- Effective succession planning and driving cultural change initiatives will be key to a high performing and highly engaged team.
- The role is ultimately accountable for the daily performance of the Network & Complex S&D team and given the pivotal part of the team along with the IWF and SDP field workforce is critical for end to end success. Collaborating across many WOC, nbn and SDP stakeholders will be required to achieve success. The Network & Complex S&D Manager will be accountable for identifying roadblocks that impact the performance of the individuals and/or the team and resolve or escalate with stakeholders. Innovation including the automation of systems and processes are key priorities.
- The Network & Complex S&D Manager will also ensure that the Network & Complex S&D team environment is safe and fair environment and is compliant to all requirements of HSE, regulatory and company policies.
A bit about you
The role requires an understanding of triage and correlation, work order validation, planning, scheduling and automated dispatch functions and will need to proactively highlight risks to the business, and take action where able, or escalate appropriately where not.
A good understanding of the field operational business is preferable as direct engagement and negotiation with key field stakeholders is key to building a collaborative and one team approach.
Ideally, you will meet the below criteria:
- Degree or diploma in Engineering, Networking, Communications or Information Technology
- 7+ years of experience in Telecommunication/Managed Network services/ Global Network Operation/Field operation services.
- Experience in S&D operations with proven ability to apply business processes and system rules to drive business outcomes
- Sound understanding of FTTX technology and technician mobility
- Proven track record of people management in fast-paced operational business
- Strong communication & customer service skills
- Collaboration skills to achieve results in an inclusive manner
- Ability to multitask and proactively identify operational risks
- Analytical skills to manage and monitor large sets of data and identify business and operational risks
Life at nbn
At nbn our people have a clear and shared purpose - empowering Australians to and redefine the way they live, work and play into the future. As one of the Australia’s largest infrastructure projects ever undertaken in Australian history, you’ll be part of a team building a brighter future for the country.
In your personal career, you’ll benefit from technical training for professional development, leadership programs and access to the latest technology, as well as being led by a diverse executive team.
nbn is committed to an inclusive, flexible and supportive workplace. We strive to ensure that any barriers that may exist are removed to allow everyone equal opportunity to thrive and succeed, regardless of factors such as gender, those who identify as First Peoples, LGBTI+ status, cultural background or disability. We actively focus on encouraging diversity and ensuring that all our people have fair opportunity to reach their career aspirations and potential.
We actively focus on our people having a fair go at reaching their career aspirations. We’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees, with a target of 33% of women in senior management by 2020. With initiatives like Women’s Leadership Programs, a commitment to equal pay, flexibility and market leading parental leave, we truly are paving the way for true equality in the workplace.
Continue the conversation
Please note this role is available on a permanent basis.
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.