South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
GEMCO is one of the world's largest manganese mining and concentrating operations located on Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, accounting for over 20% of the worlds' manganese ore production. GEMCO controls and operates all aspects of mining, processing, logistics and shipping on Groote Eylandt.
About the role
The purpose of the Manager Site Services role is to provide service and support to the GEMCO operation in the following areas:
- Oversee the Alyangula community ensuring effective town planning and service provision for residents
- Manage residential and commercial property holdings on behalf of GEMCO
- Deliver accommodation and chartering services to support FIFO personnel
- Develop and maintain an accommodation strategy for the GEMCO workforce
- Engage and manage service providers to deliver township, aerodrome and other facilities management services
- Training service provision
- Security and emergency response and preparedness for the operation and the community of Alyangula
- Drive the strategic planning on post mining future for the assets within the township of Alyangula
GEMCO runs a mixed residential and FIFO workforce and this role is offered on a residential basis only.
- Tertiary qualifications in law or business (highly desirable)
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Contracts law, supply and contracts management background
- Significant experience leading multi-disciplinary teams, including both employees and contractors
- Experience managing commercial contracts
- Competitive salary reflective of your experience and skills as well as an annual bonus scheme
- 4 days on 3 days off living on Groote Eylandt residentially - relocation assistance will be provided
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Closing date: 26 February 2020