- Role based in Manjimup/Bridgetown area
- Permanent Position - Operations Group
- Salary $120,176 + super
We’re recognised worldwide for our performance and innovation to secure water supplies for Western Australia in a drying and changing climate. We’re driven to make our state a great place to live and we have career opportunities to help make it happen. A career at Water Corporation can unlock the door to ongoing long term career development opportunities; we also support training and development, flexible work arrangements, health and lifestyle programs and generous company benefits. If you share our commitment to WA then consider Water Corporation as the next step in your career.
About the role:
Leading the District Service Delivery team to deliver water services, waste water services, drainage and irrigation services (where applicable) to customers across the district in accordance with the Corporation’s operating license, Customer Charter and other corporate regulatory requirements whilst ensuring the effective operation and maintenance of the Corporation’s regional infrastructure assets.
What the role will offer:
- Manage a district consisting of 2 depots (Bridgetown/Manjimup), an approximate team of 20 crew & 5 admin staff.
- Manage all Operational and maintenance activities required across 5 Water Supply Schemes suppling 9 communities, four Wastewater Treatment Plants and four re-use schemes (Irrigation)
- Provision and monitoring of water related services to all Water Corporation customers
- Leads the District safety initiatives including team meetings, Safe Job Planning preparation, workplace inspection, hazard identification and controls and manages the action of improvements identified.
- Providing leadership to the district Service Delivery Team by ensuring all work is undertaken with safety as the first priority in the provision of a work environment where no injury is considered acceptable, and all activities are undertaken without compromising health and safety.
- Providing strong leadership to engage, motivate and inspire the service delivery team in delivery of a high standard of work in a performance and achievement driven culture.
- Contribute to and participate in the development of the Regional Business Plan, manage and lead its implementation within the District.
- Work with the Service Delivery Manager to maximise outcomes in the district using corporate processes.
Key skills and experience:
- Vocational or higher education qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or relevant business experience
- Leadership and operational line management experience of a multi-disciplinary team
- Considerable experience and demonstrated capability of leading the delivery of capital intensive and customer focussed essential services in a geographical area.
- Knowledge of operations and maintenance practices relating to the provision of water services.
- Capability to manage, develop and deploy people to enhance business capability
- Considerable experience and demonstrated achievements with planning and leading the implementation of change.
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close 25th February 2020
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace:
Through our Equity and Diversity Management Plan and People Strategy, Water Corporation is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace of the future. We understand that unique perspectives, ideas and contributions only strengthen our workforce and are recognised and valued. We encourage applications supporting our key priority communities - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women and people with disability. For people with disability, we are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment enabling full participation in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments. As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.