|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Ericsson Functional Area: Strategic Competence Unit (SCU)
Location: Sydney, Australia
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Travel: up to 80% globally
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
Ericsson Australia is growing! As a result, we are now looking for a Network Engineer that will be working at the cutting edge of technology (ML, 5G, IoT, AEO, and VoLTE/VoNR) and will be involved with projects in many diverse global locations. In this role, you will be a domain specialist and a go-to person in the field of Radio Network Design and Optimisation. Although this position is based in Sydney or Melbourne, you will have the opportunity to travel extensively to Ericsson and customer sites around the world, for both short and long duration assignments.
In this role, you would:
- Provide network solutions on the latest technologies in Radio Access Network (RAN) space, considering E2E impacts.
- Develop and deliver machine learning solutions in the RAN Design or Optimisation area to mobile operators
- Design solutions that are scalable, robust and cost effective that fulfils operators’ technical and business requirements
- Manage customer expectations, implementation of customer solutions within agreed time, scope and cost
- Have discussion with Customers (Technical Staff and Senior Management), understand customer requirements
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications Engineering or IT.
- Minimum 10 years of Radio Network Design and Optimisation experience or relevant experience in ICT Industry.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: 5G, Internet of Things (IoT). VoLTE, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (ML & AI) applied to NDO services, and Application Experience Optimization
- Programming skills/experience in languages will be an advantage;
- Python - Pandas & NumPy, Pyspark, Hadoop, Git repository or similar.
- Deep technical RAN knowledge is advantageous!
- Experienced in using the radio network design and optimisation tools is an advantage.
- Ability to travel globally up to 80% of the time (project dependent)
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
Every year, more than 10,000 organizations from over 60 countries partner with the Great Place to Work® Institute for assessment, benchmarking and planning actions to strengthen their workplace culture. Great Place to Work® Institute’s methodology is recognized as rigorous and objective and is considered as the gold standard for defining great workplaces across business, academia and government organizations. Ericsson Australia has been Great Place to Work - Certified™ in 2020.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here:https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.