About the role
Reporting to our General Manager of Communications, the role of our Public Relations Manager is to proactively manage the bank's relationship with media (radio, TV, print and online), seeking coverage and reactively managing media enquiries for the purpose of building and protecting the banks reputation externally. The majority of the role will include media management, with the remainder including managing and producing communication for a range external stakeholders.
This 12 month fixed term contract will see you working with a wide range of internal stakeholders right across the business, including at senior levels on a variety of different tasks, so if you thrive in a dynamic environment this could be the role for you. While this role is advertised as full time, we are open to hearing from candidates that are seeking a part time opportunity (minimum 3 days per week).
Being an accomplished writer across a broad range of topics, you are a clear thinker, articulate and someone who remains calm under pressure with stakeholder management and communication skills that are second to none. To really make sure you can hit the ground running, our ideal candidate has tertiary qualifications in PR or related fields.
With your extensive expertise in PR (or similar) and working with all forms of media, combined with an excellent understanding of personal finance, banking, corporate experience and passion for what you do, you're ready to embark on this exciting opportunity to join the team at ME.
We're not like other banks.
ME was created by the industry super funds to be different from the pack - and we're passionate about staying that way as we head into an exciting and progressive future.
We are building a bank, a company and a brand that we can be proud of - but to achieve that, we need the best people. To help ME get there, you'll challenge the status quo and share extraordinary ideas - and our size guarantees you'll have the opportunity, support, and environment to be heard.
ME's core purpose is helping all Australians get ahead - no conditions, asterisks or exceptions.
We believe everyone deserves the same opportunities in life, regardless of gender or identity, sexuality, ethnicity, disability or religion. This is why we're so committed to an equal opportunity workplace - because we know our success won't come from focusing on similarities, but by embracing and celebrating our diversity.
About the perks
At ME, we believe that work should be a place that you can make the most of - and these are just some of the many reasons why people love it here:
- Popular culture - that's not a claim, we've got the data to prove it. We genuinely care about each other and work in an encouraging and collaborative environment.
- The whole package - sure, we're going to reward you well with your salary package - but there are also lots of other perks - including free health support, conveniently-located offices, plus much more.
- Not afraid to fail? We embrace action-oriented people like you. That's right, you can make mistakes here and it's ok - so long as you learn from them.
- To be ME, we need you - we're building something really cool and you get to directly influence what that is.
- ProudlyME - our internal pride network - has a swag of initiatives that show support, education, and passion toward our team and customers, demonstrating that ME is a strong advocate on equal rights for the LGBTIQ+ community.
- Meet the Execs - our Executive team is fun and full of passion because we know great managers mean happy staff.
Oh, and did we mention you get your very own ME branded Converse High-top shoes? Now that's a reason to get your foot in the door.
I was born to play this role
Can't see a closing date on the advert? That's because we're pretty efficient here at ME and we may start looking at applications sooner rather than later, so if this role sounds like your jam, be sure to apply by submitting your CV today.
ME offers a modern and supportive work environment, including flexible work conditions. While this is a full-time role, we're also open to hearing from candidates that may be seeking a flexible work arrangement.
Should an applicant be the preferred candidate, background checks (including police checks, reference checks, ASIC banned and disqualified persons and bankruptcy checks) will be completed prior to the candidate's employment being confirmed. The outcomes of the background checks do not automatically bar candidates; however, will be assessed against the inherent requirements of the job.
Please note: To be considered for this role, you must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen.