|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald is a uniquely diverse global management, engineering and development consultancy that offers a diverse range of opportunities for potential employees to work with World Expert Practitioners on small and large scale projects within Australia and New Zealand.
Our unique geographical location means that we are able to tap into expertise and resources from other countries in which we operate and so whether you are from a technical background or have traditionally worked in support services, you will be amazed at the career development opportunities that Mott MacDonald Australia and New Zealand can offer to you.
Mott MacDonald is recruiting for track design engineers at all levels in Victoria. Reporting to Track Lead for Victoria, this role sits within the Rail Track team and will be responsible for developing permanent way engineering design solutions and advisory for rail projects.
Key Duties Will Include
Opening Opportunities through Connected Thinking by:
Leading and participating in the winning of work and writing proposals.
Ensuring projects are delivered to programme, budget and to the highest standards through the delivery of quality engineering services.
Using global network systems to build relationships and work effectively in teams, across projects and locations and to support professional development and knowledge sharing.
Quality and Risk Management:
Ensuring current knowledge in professional standards and innovations. Practising constructability and safety in project design and delivery supported by quality checking and verification activities. Undertaking work in consideration of the safety of oneself and others and through compliance with safety standards.
Take Action to Deliver Responsibilities By:
* Engaging with project team, client and external stakeholders as necessary to identify requirements and develop engineering solutions.
* Developing permanent way engineering design solutions and advisory for rail projects.
* Maintaining personal key competencies in relationship to permanent way design, checking and approvals and in accordance with the rail safety national law.
* Providing assistance and support to the Technical Director in the expansion of the Rail Systems team.
* Ensuring that all work is undertaken in accordance with the appropriate legislation, corporate requirements and systems.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
* Self-Leadership: Taking responsibility for one's own behaviour and well-being.
* Team Leadership: Motivating people to do great work.
* Professional Excellence: Demonstrating a passion for continual learning and promote the use of global network systems to teams. Continually reviewing team capabilities and supporting their continual professional development.
* Communication: Confidently communicating in a way that is understood and is receptive to the opinion and views of others.
* Teamwork: Willingly work in cooperation with others.
* Written Skills: The ability to produce clear and logical written communication and presentations in English
* Experience: Significant experience in a project environment providing quality technical knowledge and judgement and ability to lead small to medium size projects.
* Qualification: Relevant engineering degree; RIW Track & Civils Competence (Designer & Checker); Chartered engineer or working towards chartership.
In return we offer you the opportunity to build a dynamic career and make the world you love. It's your turn to be you. At Mott MacDonald you won't find just a job. You'll find the way to a greater future.
By joining Mott MacDonald, you will find we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
There's no time like the present to make a change.