|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Mott MacDonald Group is a dynamic and innovative management, engineering and development consultancy working on landmark projects worldwide. Wholly independent and employee owned, we have staff worldwide working in all sectors including transport, energy, buildings, water and the environment, health and education, industry and communications.
Our NSW team is working on some of the biggest projects in the State and are looking to grow our Transport Planning Team.
As a Traffic Engineer at Mott MacDonald you will play an important role in designing and delivering a wide range of high-profile traffic engineering projects. The role will provide an excellent opportunity to develop your skills in the traffic engineering field on a wide variety of projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Provide traffic engineering advice and services to drive projects forward and deliver upon the expectations of the client.
* Conduct intersection and corridor studies with limited supervision.
* Work on a diverse range of projects including traffic engineering design, transport and traffic operations and transport infrastructure planning.
* Preparing and contributing to technical reports and other project outputs
* Undertake business development activities including proposal writing
* Inputs to projects involving capacity analysis, traffic signal design, ITS, traffic operations, safety analysis, local management plans, traffic calming, road safety studies, wayfinding strategies, and other related traffic engineering tasks.
* Specifying and overseeing data analysis to include traffic and pedestrian counts as well as car parking surveys;
* Undertaking site audits to identify existing and future requirements for transport infrastructure and public transport services
* Project managing smaller and medium sized commissions, with increasing responsibility as skills and experience develop.
* Be client focused, identifying opportunities for both internal and external clients and how these may be addressed by the team, group and wider Mott MacDonald
* Understand clients' current and future potential needs, and documenting how they will be achieved in proposals and project plans
* Promote innovative and cost-effective practices to deliver a high quality service to internal and external clients
* Provide mentoring, guidance and technical advice to junior staff to upskill and assist in their professional development
* Working in a team environment, represent and exemplify Mott MacDonald's values in all activities
* Degree in Civil Engineering or Transportation Engineering is required;
* Minimum of 3 years previous professional experience as a Transport or Traffic Engineer;
* Expertise in traffic engineering software SIDRA is a must;
* Professional experience with engineering design software AutoCAD;
* TrasiCAD, Rapid Plan, Auto Turn (vehicle tracking), and micro-simulation using VISSIM/Aimsun is a plus.
* Proven report writing and other written and numerical presentation skills.
* Good communication skills, both within project teams and when in a client environment.
* Confidence in relationship building with clients and colleagues.
* An ability to apply sound analytical and numeric skills to project work
* Commercial awareness and the ability to maintain good client relationships
* Experience in contributing to proposals and winning new work
* An ability to solve complex problems and identify new innovative solutions
* Ability to work within larger multi-disciplinary project teams across Mott MacDonald.
* Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation across traffic and transport engineering
In return we offer you the opportunity to build a dynamic career and make the world you love. It's your turn to be you. At Mott MacDonald you won't find just a job. You'll find the way to a greater future.
There's no time like the present to make a change