|Job Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
What will your typical day look like?
- Contribute to project management activities including work stream planning mitigation of risks and issues
- Translate business requirements into a technical approach and solutions to deliver insight including tool selection and application of appropriate modelling techniques
- Design and build robust analytical models and solutions to deliver actionable insight for business users
- Deliver a broad range of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics engagements in a variety of areas (including supervised and unsupervised machine learning natural language processing and optimisation)
- Communicate technical findings models and insights to different technical and non-technical audiences within the firm and to our clients
- Create comprehensive technical documentation and facilitate knowledge handover to clients including designing and running end-user training courses
- Keep up-to-date with predictive and prescriptive analytics new machine learning techniques, technologies, architectures and languages where necessary and share your knowledge with the rest of the team to facilitate their personal growth and the growth of the practice
About the team
The Risk Analytics team carries out advanced statistical and machine learning analyses in a number of areas and industry sectors encompassing Resources & Energy, Government & Public Services, Health & Life Sciences.
We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents to helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge runs deep here. At Deloitte you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks and new systems including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
- You are an ambitious analytics and data science professional with a real passion for delivering valuable insights and who think differently about problems and solutions
- Work experience with advanced analytics business modelling and optimisation simulation modelling and statistical techniques
- Demonstrated consulting and/or technology implementation experience including the end-to-end project lifecycle (requirements gathering, user story elicitation, model design & built testing and deployment)
- Exceptional communication, presentation, business writing and professional skills including being able to liaise with both technical and business contacts at our clients
- Experience of applying analytics tools and techniques to a variety of complex business problems and an understanding of which approaches are relevant in different scenarios, delivering value
- Good understanding of data analysis and modelling concepts including regression modelling, segmentation, time series analysis, simulation modelling, machine learning and predictive modelling
- Hands-on experience with a number of data manipulation tools and languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R, Spark etc.)
- Experience in data sourcing, cleansing, preparation and management including ETL processes and tools
- Experience in business intelligence and visualisation tools such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI etc.
- Experience with solution architecture and Cloud architecture and solutions
- Experience with big data technologies
- Exposure to analysis of unstructured data
- Exposure to Natural Language Processing
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
If you have any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Carolyn Foo from the Talent Acquisition team on 02 9322 5210. We'd love to hear from you!
The minimum salary requirement of this role is $74,000 including 9.5% superannuation. By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.