|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap provides a virtual model of the real world – at a scale and detail that hasn’t been done before. We change the way people view the world, so they can profoundly change the way they work. At Nearmap, we have an appetite for high performing individuals and we are currently on the hunt for a Software Engineer.
Nearmap’s developers bring fresh ideas from all areas, including geospatial data, tools and imagery, 3D modelling, large-scale system design, interactive data-visualisation, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
We’re focused on building a customer experience backed by the best practices and technologies in software development today including: Continuous Delivery & DevOps; Lean & Agile; Automated Testing.
A bit more about the culture…
At Nearmap, every opinion matters, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
The Day to Day...
- Work closely to deliver cutting edge solutions
- Have a strong software quality focus, delivering excellent code and automated tests
- Be Agile and work with the team to define, implement and improve delivery processes
- Effectively engage and communicate with a team of developers, architects, testers, business analysts and managers.
What we’re looking for…
- Real-world C# experience
- SQL and an ORM framework (we use Postgres, NHibernate)
- Building microservices using a message/service bus
- Linux & its shell environment
- Mono or .NET Core (help us get off Mono)
- Bamboo or other CI tools, git, github
- AWS services, Docker, Python, Terraform
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- A team player, effective communicator, takes initiative, a self-starter
- Open, honest communicator who believes in transparency
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business
- Tertiary level qualification, ideally Computer Science or other related technical qualification.
Our Developers Love…
- DevOps culture
- Automation, Continuous Integration & Deployment
- Microservice architectures
- Highly scalable systems
- Containers, Infrastructure As Code
Why you’ll want to work at Nearmap…
- We have an inclusive and high-performing culture here! Ask us about our values: Work It. Love It. Tell It. Risk It. Own It.
- Competitive pay, bonus plan and Employee Share Scheme.
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity.
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development.
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks.
- Fortnightly massages.
- Free healthy breakfast, snacks & lunches available in our kitchen with water views.
- An allowance to help you focus on your well-being.
Come on board, grow your career and enjoy working in a casual environment with other passionate and talented IT professionals.
Whether you are a recent graduate or looking for your next challenge as an intermediate/senior developer and you possess the above attributes, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note: Successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
This role will be located in Sydney, we will not relocate this role. All applicants must be available to interview in Sydney. If you think you tick all the boxes and could see yourself working at Nearmap, we invite you to come and make a difference!
Check out our video to see what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8