|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is currently providing a virtual model of the real world – at a scale and detail that hasn’t been done before. At Nearmap, we have an appetite for high performing individuals and we are currently on the hunt for a Commercial Sales Manager.
The role of Sales Manager, Commercial is to develop and lead the Commercial Account Management and Business Development team and drive the sales activity to achieve overall organisational customer metrics, reduce customer churn and promote sales of the Nearmap product. Create a high-performance culture. Interface with customers and prospects at a senior level, as appropriate, and build strong relationships in conjunction with our other Sales Leaders.
A bit more about the culture…
At Nearmap, every opinion matters, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
A typical day for you may look like this...
- Building a highly effective and high performing Commercial Account Management & Business Development team.
- Leading, coaching, guiding and supporting Commercial team members.
- Developing strategies and tactics to achieve customer acquisition, retention and sales targets.
- Managing sales engagement for high value customers.
- Setting and monitoring weekly, monthly and quarterly activity and performance targets for the Commercial team.
- Managing profitability through the achievement of targets, pricing decisions and the development and control of budgets.
- Ensuring the team follows company policies and procedures.
- Liaising effectively with all Nearmap teams and departments to support sales activities and reflect sales and budget objectives.
- Planning, directing and controlling the organisation’s Commercial Account Management & Business Development strategies to meet targets.
- Developing and executing a Commercial Plan that aligns with the Strategic Plan, sales strategy and targets set by the business.
- Executing and maintaining sales processes and initiatives in accordance with a documented Account Management Plan.
- Analysing, evaluating and optimising sales and customer processes.
- Working with Marketing to ensure alignment with marketing strategy processes and initiatives.
- Contributing input into the development of initiatives such as new products, new marketing techniques, new campaigns and incentive bonus schemes.
- Managing the implementation of specific initiatives aimed at improving the efficiency of the existing operation.
- Ensuring successful on-boarding of new customers & new team members.
- Maintaining appropriate communications within and between the various functional areas of the business.
- Building and maintaining healthy relationships with Technology, Product, Marketing, Engineering, Finance and HR who support commercial activities.
- Establishing a high degree of compliance and efficiency for the use of Salesforce within the Commercial team.
- Establishing effective reporting using Salesforce data to generate high performance, manage sales and renewals, accurate forecasting. Readily share sales data within the business.
- Responsible for reporting against periodic sales budgets and forecasts.
- Implementing, monitoring and driving performance goals in accordance with business objectives.
- Driving high performance in the team through managing and coaching and providing quality feedback and holding team members accountable with clear objectives, KPI’s and processes.
- Recruiting and selecting high performers, developing talent, recognising and rewarding performance.
- Facilitating regular team meetings to review performance, share knowledge, recognise achievements, and provide coaching.
- Identifying training and development needs and provide the resources needed to develop team members.
More about what you need to bring…
- Extensive account management and new customer acquisition experience with a track record of customer success
- 3+ years of previous SaaS sales leadership experience
- Experience understanding sales numbers and managing daily sales metrics
- Strong commercial acumen, ability to coach at all levels, thorough understanding of subscription business models and customer retention, strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead effective sales teams and a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated leadership capability to developing and coaching high performing teams.
- Ability to set high expectations standards and mentor an evolving workforce at varying levels of experience
- High competence with CRM’s (ideally Salesforce)
- Excellent written, visual and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to prepare reports and use of appropriate mode of communication, able to make a compelling sales argument and sell value, direct and respectful and a good brand ambassador
- Self-motivated and directed, strong emotional intelligence, composed, tenacious, positive and energetic self-starter who is results driven, exceptionally collaboration skills with a hunger to exceed customer expectations
- Establishes positive working relationships with colleagues and management peers
- Tertiary qualifications in a related business discipline is desirable
Some of our perks include…
- Competitive pay, commission plan and Employee Share Scheme
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks
- Fortnightly massages
- Free reign of Nearmap’s products
- Free healthy breakfast, snacks & lunches available in our kitchen with water views
- An allowance to help you focus on your well being
If you think you tick all the boxes and could see yourself working at Nearmap, we invite you to come and make a difference!
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8